Moondrop Aria hackjob repair
Jun 28, 2023 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

WiteXDan

New Head-Fier
Sometime ago I broke my Arias just a few weeks after getting them. One cable broke and left inside one pin.
1687983780362.png

1687983790689.png

Tweezers didn't help as I couldn't get a proper grab and messing with glue was risky. Almost got a replacement earbud, but 36 usd is steep price.
So finally a friend dentist offered to drill the pin out. This earbud was already a lost case, so I accepted help. Apparently it was tough job and while messy, he managed to get the pin out.
1687984015971.png

It might look bad, but works quite well. Very rarely it loses sound if you move cable on specific angle. Adding some more copper to secure connection fixed that and to be sure I also got the cable to be basically glued with earbud. Losing ability to change cable kinda sucks, but its better than spending another 80$.
1687984652200.png

So far it works like it did before. With no volume imbalances or lower quality. When I was previously looking for solution how to fix this I found there is really not much threads like this, so just sharing my results of some DIY even if it is heresy for most audiophiles here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back