Moon Audio vs Toxic Cables for Replacement AKG K702 Cable
Sep 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jacofman

Head-Fier
I realize this topic of replacement cables for the AKG K702 has been done in bits and pieces before. I am considering buying a replacement cable for mine, and have narrowed it down to the Moon Audio Black Dragon v2 vs. the Toxic Cables Black Widow. I realize that people have said very good things about both, but I would love to hear from those of you who have actually heard both of them on your K702's and can give me specifics as to what the differences in sound might be. I gather that the build of the Toxic Cables is probably of a "higher" lever than the Moon Audio, but I'm more interested in sonic differences. There is also quite a bit of difference in price between the two (particularly when you include shipping from England), but I'm willing to pay the extra $$ if the sound quality of the Toxic Cables is that much better. Both Frank and Drew have been incredibly responsive to my questions, but having never heard either up close, that hasn't helped me make my decision. 

BTW, the rest of my equipment includes the Schitt Bifrost DAC with Uber Analogue and USB input, the Antique Sound Labs MG Head OTL tube headphone amp, Samsung DVD/CD player modified by Ric Schulz at Electronic Visionary Systems, and RCA silver cables by AudioPath. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back