Monty Python...What is your favorite sketch?
Jul 4, 2003 at 4:15 PM Post #46 of 65
Okay, here goes in no particular order;

Does your wife like a bit of.... "sport", know what I mean? nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

This parrott has ceased to exist. His feet are nailed to the perch! No, ees not, ees a Norwegian Blue and ees pineing for the fiords!

Good Morning Mrs. Premise
Good Morning Ms. Conclusion. Busy day?
Busy, Ive been up all night burying the cat!
Oh, he died?
No, but he wasn't a 'tall well and since we were going away for a fortnight, we thought it best!
True, true, don't want to come back from Sorento to a dead cat. Weve had to put our budgy down, you know! etc. etc.

Ministry of Silly Walks

Argument

Upper class twit of the year

Eric the half a bee

There are two type of people in the world, those that get The Python, and those that don't. Thats just my opinion, but I could be wrong.

Jul 4, 2003 at 7:59 PM Post #47 of 65
Quote:

I have this Monty Python LP. In addition to containing a number of classic sketches (The Cheese Shop comes to mind), it is the only single disk record album I know of that has exactly three (3) sides.

"Matching Tie and Handkerchief".....I have that one too.

I will not play the spoiler though and let mkmelt disclose the secret.

Jul 4, 2003 at 11:03 PM Post #48 of 65
The Monty Python LP, Matching Tie and Handkerchief, may be the only example of a three sided LP record.

Side 1 is a normal record side. Side 2 appears normal, however, there is a double groove cut into this side. There are two complete spiral grooves, one running inside the other, from the beginning of this side to the end.

Depending on where the needle touches down on the record, the listener hears two entirely different Monty Python routines. Each program is half as long as would be expected for a complete album side. The album cover and record liner make no mention of this hidden feature. It is truly an analog LP record oddity, as this feature has no equivalent in the CD or tape world.

Jul 5, 2003 at 1:03 AM Post #49 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by mkmelt
The Monty Python LP, Matching Tie and Handkerchief, may be the only example of a three sided LP record.

Side 1 is a normal record side. Side 2 appears normal, however, there is a double groove cut into this side. There are two complete spiral grooves, one running inside the other, from the beginning of this side to the end.

Depending on where the needle touches down on the record, the listener hears two entirely different Monty Python routines. Each program is half as long as would be expected for a complete album side. The album cover and record liner make no mention of this hidden feature. It is truly an analog LP record oddity, as this feature has no equivalent in the CD or tape world.

That's too cool! Wonder how it sounds going backwards.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2003 at 2:00 AM Post #50 of 65
I don't know about backwards, but it sure used to freak me out before I sobered up and discovered what was happening.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 9, 2003 at 8:40 AM Post #51 of 65
Don't recall anyone mentioning the cartoons. They were always pretty weird (wait a minute, this is Monty Python we're talking about...). Some of them were pretty good. I wonder what percentage of them ended with the big foot squashing something.

cool.gif

Jul 9, 2003 at 8:56 PM Post #54 of 65
The punishment on this forum for not using the search function should be having one's head nailed to the table.

("No, no, Doug's a capital fellow--I deserved having my head nailed to the table!" "What did you do to deserve it?" "I don't know, I must have broken the unwritten law!)
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2003 at 4:08 AM Post #56 of 65
I love when they make fun of the Scottish and such. Which is the one where they make up a Scottish sport which basically involves twirling in a circle and losing limbs? I loved that one. I don't think it is the twit olympics, but I could be wrong. I liked that too.

I also love the Holy Grail, and the scene with the Holy Hand Grenade:
Quote:

SECOND BROTHER:
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy.'
And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--

Unbelievable. The voices are just dead on.

edit: I also love the temptation of Sir Galahad the Chaste at Castle Anthrax:

Quote:

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half...cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear....

Quote:

...and after the spanking.... the Oral Sex!!

Fantastic.

Jul 18, 2003 at 4:25 PM Post #57 of 65
Man: Well, what've you got?

Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam...

ety.gif

Jul 18, 2003 at 5:43 PM Post #58 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by timoteus
Dinsdale!

Oh, yes. And: Be a man, Arthur Puty!
wink.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Jul 19, 2003 at 11:35 PM Post #60 of 65
FOR ANYONE CONSIDERING PURCHASING THE DVD BOX SET:

I've ordered this set a few days ago, and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival! I shopped around a lot online for the best price, and the cheapest I found it for was $122.36 US at http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com It goes for $169.96 US on Amazon.com.

Actually, I've found DeepDiscountDVD has the best price for lots of DVDs. (No, I'm in no way affiliated with this site, it just has great prices).

Also, for anyone interested, they have the Mr. Bean collection for $26.57.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back