Montreal mini-meet: SUNDAY, MARCH 16 2008
Mar 3, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #46 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only an afternoon? I think that's not enough since just to install everything, it'll take 1 hour, to pack up everything at the end, also about 1 hour. I think we need a day.

Well, they open at 12h00 so I was thinking maybe 12h00 to 18h00. If it takes an hour to prepare the room and an hour to pack, we'll still have a good 4 hours of discussion and listening.

Si tu veux m'appeler au 450-461-3492, ça va être plus efficace. J'ai perdu ton numéro.
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #47 of 184
I just sent them this email:

Quote:

Bonjour, je vous ai téléphoné tout à l'heure pour une location de salle le dimanche 16 mars en après-midi. Voici en détail ce dont nous avons besoin:

- Salle pour environ 10-15 personnes de 12h00 à 18h00
- Des grandes tables (rectangulaires de préférence) et quelques chaises
- Quelques prises de courant

Nous sommes un groupe de passionnés d'écouteurs et d'audio et nous voulons nous réunir pour discuter sur le sujet et pouvoir faire partager notre équipement aux autres personnes. Il n'y aura pas de musique en tant que tel parce qu'elle sera écoutée à travers des casques d'écoute, donc ce sera silencieux. Nous avons besoin de quelques tables pour pouvoir déposer l'équipement et des prises de courant pour pouvoir brancher les appareils. Il n'y aura pas de nourriture, ni d'alcool. Voici un exemple de ce à quoi ça pourrait ressembler: http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...o/DSC_0850.jpg

Si vous voulez avoir plus d'information sur le genre d'activité que nous voulons faire, vous pouvez visiter ce site: Head-Fi.org: Headphones, iPod earphones, portable audio, MP3 players, high-end audio

- Quel serait le coût total de la location?
- Disposons-nous d'un temps pour monter et démonter la salle?

Merci
Guillaume P. Hébert

Is there something I forgot?

Mar 4, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #49 of 184
I just called the Campus Longueuil of the University of Sherbrooke and I should get some news soon to get a free local the 16th of March. The problem is that this is not some academic activities, so the miss will call me back to tell me if this will work. We'd get a free local at Longueuil.

Thanks DanT for this suggestion.

Mar 4, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #50 of 184
Hello again,

Just got some news. Since it's not some academic activities, it'll cost 100$ for a class of 18 persons from 8AM to 17PM the 16th of March. It would be at the local 135-33 at the rez-de-chaussée from the campus of Longueuil of University of Sherbrooke.

Anyone down for that? Else we'll take the one at rue St-Denis.

Mar 4, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #51 of 184
Quote:

Hello again,

Just got some news. Since it's not some academic activities, it'll cost 100$ for a class of 18 persons from 8AM to 17PM the 16th of March. It would be at the local 135-33 at the rez-de-chaussée from the campus of Longueuil of University of Sherbrooke.

Anyone down for that? Else we'll take the one at rue St-Denis.

OK, reserve that one Laurent. For the same price, we just have 6 hours at the Centre de Loisirs St-Denis. I was supposed to go to the Centre de Loisirs tomorrow morning, but your place is better and it's very easy to go there and find a parking compared to the other place.

One more step towards an official meet!
cool.gif

Mar 5, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #54 of 184
Quote:

I won't reserve if there's not a least 12 people that comes.

Recrute people please, I don't want to make all this for only 7-9 people.

In the worst of case if we're only 7, it's going to cost 14$/person. I think you should reserve it before it's too late.

Mar 5, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #57 of 184
Count me in.
I was considering the Q-Jays... perfect timing for me to try them first
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: tried to read the thread quickly, please confirm the location before the date as I can only travel on the Ilsand of MTL.

Mar 5, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #58 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by peter_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif

EDIT: tried to read the thread quickly, please confirm the location before the date as I can only travel on the Ilsand of MTL.

Why you know that metro Longueuil operate on the same system as the rest of the island. You can use the normal tickets and monthly pass. It's not like in laval where you have weird tarrif. Unless you have to walk or Bike to the meet
tongue.gif
And the Longueuil place is just across the street from the metro.

I guess I could drive people around if there is some major transport problem.

Cheers,

Mar 5, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #59 of 184
Longueuil metro I can handle, just not sure about Sherbrooke university???? Isn't that in Sherbrooke city? Anyhow, just post the exact address once it all finalized and I google-map it.

Mar 5, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #60 of 184
There is Sherbrooke University building at the Longueil Metro
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks DanT for the PM telling me about this thread!

I work in the morning of that day, but I'd be definitely interested in showing up after. I often finish at 2pm so I would be there around 3pm! It's also the morning after I receive my Iron Ring from the OIQ hehe!

So in case I finish on time or there is another activity after.... count me in!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back