Montreal meet : AUGUST 17TH
Jul 1, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #32 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm OK with any of the two dates.

Prefer 19th a bit but I'm more in with this guy, I could probably do either.

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #36 of 271
Does anyone have quality bookshelves speakers or monitors, like the Quad 12L or something like that? I'd be interested in auditioning a pair and comparing with headphones.

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #37 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends on if larryminator and DanT can make it the 20th... if so 20th all the way. Otherwise not sure. I'd take the jump and do it on the 20th.

No can't do. I really can't make it that week-end. Sorry, I'd love to hear gp_hebert stax but I guess it will be for the next time.

Cheers,
Dan

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #38 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No can't do. I really can't make it that week-end. Sorry, I'd love to hear gp_hebert stax but I guess it will be for the next time.

Cheers,
Dan

If you have a day off sometimes in the summer, take your car and drive to my place, it shouldn't be more than a 15 minutes drive. That's what larryminator did and I believe it convinced him to buy a pair of OII.
cool.gif

Jul 2, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #40 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking at a cheap stax system, don't convince me to go expensive at the meet gp please 8)

Seriously, a cheap Lambda system is great and I could have lived with the Lambda Signature for a long time, but I caught a deal that I couldn't pass on a pair of OII, and now there's no going back.
tongue.gif

What I suggest if you want to try a 202, 303, or 404 system is to go to Filtronique on Rue Lajeunesse in Montreal. Bring your CDs, the guys are very nice and they'll let you audition the phones as long as you want on a nice source.

Jul 3, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #41 of 271
Meet date has been changed to the 20th of july. Just going to change the opening post and title.

I will soon update the opening post with attendies and equipment brought, so please post the gear you will bring specifically.

Jul 3, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #42 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by papomaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meet date has been changed to the 20th of july.

Yes! That really helps me out.
biggrin.gif

My gear stays the same but I might also bring the ATH-A900 if they'll fit in my bag.

Jul 3, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #43 of 271
I might be getting a MK III in the next few days but officially I'll bring: (iPod going into line-out repair so no ipod LOL)

Sennheiser HD-424X with box with guy with sweet mustache on it
Turbo Diabolicious V15 (I brought V11 last time)
Meier Audio Headsix (portable amp)
JVC Marshmallow
Livewires

And with luck a MK 3 stax setup!

Jul 3, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #44 of 271
ALLOOOO à tous!!!

I'll be there for sure. The 20th sounds perfect!

We need a nice place with more space then last time.

Also, I might go out for lunch time so might as well take a bite in a interesting restaurant nearby (with nice cold beer at the sun
cool.gif
) !

Quelqun apporte du stock analogue ?! Ou on a juste du redbook ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back