Montreal meet : AUGUST 17TH
Jun 28, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #17 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just saying hi, I'll be there
wink.gif

Sweet, I want to give your AKG a second chance, I feel like I didn't give them enough proper listening time at the last meet. I was too impressed by the Grado "army" that was there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #19 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by papomaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
co-voiturage

Amazing.... only in Quebec, by the way I'm stealing that phrase if you dont mind.
tongue.gif

But as for actual things, I will be there for sure, yet can only bring a pair of HF-1s. Thats all I got as of right now, so unfortunately that is all I can bring. Oh and I'll try to get my hands on an iPhone, don't really think its Head-fi, but maybe people would find it interesting. I feel like I need to bring something! Maybe I can bring some food to be fair?

Can bring a MBP also if anyone is interesting in hearing the quality. Just let me know.

Jun 30, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #20 of 271
Hey guys. I'll be in Montreal this coming weekend July 4. I just got a crazy thought in my head. Do you think I can keep myself occupied there until the 19th? I'll need to find a cheap hotel I think. Any recommendations or best locations?

Jun 30, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #22 of 271
Hi Ian,

Montreal is a very nice place to be in the summer, there are lots of festivals and activity downtown.

Right now there's the Jazz Fest and it ends on July 6th, so you might want to spend some time there, the ambiance is incredible.

After that, from July 10 from July 20, there's the Just For Laughs festival. It's hard to explain exactly what it is, but you can have a lot of fun spending one or two nights just walking in the streets.

Other than that, there are a lot of good bars, restaurants and hot girls speaking French. I can give you a few recommendations if you want (about the bars and restaurants
biggrin.gif
).

Will you have a car? There's also a lot to see out of Montreal.

Jun 30, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #23 of 271
Thanks fellas. For the money, it looks like I could just get an apartment LOL.

gp_hebert, unfortunately I don't speak French. Will the hot French speaking girls still like me?
biggrin.gif

Nope no car.

Jun 30, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #24 of 271
Well picking up a few word is always a good idea... kind of like a bad pick-up line is!

I just want to mention we had wayyy more headphones than sources so don't neglect sources if you happen to have any... /DODGE

Jul 1, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #27 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys. I'll be in Montreal this coming weekend July 4. I just got a crazy thought in my head. Do you think I can keep myself occupied there until the 19th? I'll need to find a cheap hotel I think. Any recommendations or best locations?

Hahahah.... if you've got friends in the city or with you, for sure. If not, for sure! Its only the best city in all of North America, and I would say the new world period but I heard Rio is pretty bitchin when it coms to stuff. Of course you'll be coming right after all the celebrations and jazz fest, but there is sitll plenty of stuff. So basically.... yeah.

As for Hotel, I would get one in Laval, I think there is one right by the metro or close by that would be dirt cheap but its only half an hour by metro from downtown. But if you need any tips feel free to ask. Like if this is a good place or if its far from everything. Or **** to do. There is tons of ****, so just ask.
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #28 of 271
If some people from ontario and upper US could come, that'd be SUPER sweet!!

But hey, seems like Dant and Larry as well as some others can't come on the 19th, so I'll do a little survey out there:

Who here could come on the 19th but not the 20th of July?
Who here could come on the 20th but not the 19th of July?

If we can drag some more by putting the meet on sunday that'd be great.

Jul 1, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #29 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want to mention we had wayyy more headphones than sources so don't neglect sources if you happen to have any... /DODGE

I will try to supply by bringing a rca --> 2x rca Y split and both my Musiland and Entech DACs, so we can feed 2 amps through that.

My transport is a dvd player so if you want to listen to some of your own movies bring them up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back