Montreal meet at the FSI show! April 5th
Feb 22, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #16 of 125
My home rig is nothing to rave about so I'll be coming as a visitor. Random days. Unless you think my portable rig is worth bringing (ipod, turbodock, corda headsix, livewires), but people can't really listen to it.

Feb 23, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #17 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MMmmm, what weekend is this? I might be able to make it down.

Please don't forget to bring your Grado PS-1000
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #18 of 125
Well dang, I'll be there for sure! Any weekend day is good for me.

I can bring DIY stuff???? Alien dac, Diymod, mini3, CTH (with lots of tubes for rolling, bring your own 12au7 and 6dj8 variants). And for Phones I've got AKG K141m's and K240 Sextetts.

Maybe I will build another amp by then too....

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #19 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please don't forget to bring your Grado PS-1000
wink.gif

Heh, I need to buy a pair first! I think it will take me a lot longer than April to get them
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #20 of 125
Same as Pompon here:

I wanna take the days to visit... I don't think I'll come 2 days in row.

Will the room be open to all visitors? I don't want my stuff to be tried by everybody at the show...

I'll think about. But It's much more complicated than a simple meet. So much more people there and if I want to bring some more expansive stuff, it becomes a little more complicated.

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #21 of 125
I will be there. Could make it anyday, Fri-Sun.

I only have a lowly HF-1 though. But I could help anyone who needs help with directions! Thats the most useful I could be.
tongue.gif
. I could also help organize a discount rate at one of the hotels downtown if it becomes a two-day affair. I have some connections in the McGill Student Union. I don't want to just come and listen to everyone else's gear, would like to help truly, just don't have much. :/

Feb 25, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #22 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Medeski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be there. Could make it anyday, Fri-Sun.

I only have a lowly HF-1 though. But I could help anyone who needs help with directions! Thats the most useful I could be.
tongue.gif
. I could also help organize a discount rate at one of the hotels downtown if it becomes a two-day affair. I have some connections in the McGill Student Union. I don't want to just come and listen to everyone else's gear, would like to help truly, just don't have much. :/

What does connections with the student union mean? Does it mean some rooms to rent for one or two nights at a really reduced rate? What is holding the headfiers from Toronto and NY speaking up here?

B
darthsmile.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #23 of 125
Count me in for either saturday or sunday. Some more details about the organization would be appreciated. I think staying around your gear for many hours is not really tempting for anyone so maybe we could start setting up some "shifts" in order to make it more acceptable and allow everyone to enjoy the exhibit. Is there any insurance or compensation (free entrance for example) planned ?
Don't really have much to bring : WA2 + dacmagic + K701

Feb 27, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #24 of 125
I am not sure what exactly happens at these meets... have never been to one. I may make the drive from Ottawa...

I can bring W5000s, K701, and Xenos X1HA-EPC amp if I do come. Driving in Montreal is pure hell though so I am not sure.

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #25 of 125
This won't work because:

1- People wanna visit the show more than do a meet
2- People will be reticent to bring rare/expensive stuff because there's too mcuh people around

My appartement is still available for another week-end, I got 3 weeks left for my rotation. This would be a better option. I know there would be much more people at the show, but it's just too complicated.

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #26 of 125
We're still figuring out what happens with the room with the organizers, and we (me and bikeboy) will get back to you guys when we know for sure if we have it. Anyway, the purpose of an FSI meet is halfway between a regular meet and a corporate meet : we show the people our stuff, but we'll still have plenty of time to listen to it! I still think this is a great experience for us AND head-fi since every audio magasine will probably report our presence in their pages, giving the forum a huge exposure. Again, we don't need to bring a whole lot of gear, we only need just enough gear to have some rotation so we can show different sounds to the people coming to the room. If you are uncomfortable about having your stuff listened by strangers, no problem! We can still gather enough gear to fill up the room nicely with just a few people bringing their gear (including myself).

Nevertheless, the idea of having another meet just for ourselves is not a bad idea at all, since we'll have plenty of time by then to listen to different rigs, and will be taking it a bit cooler at the FSI, for those who want to come. Very nice of you Laurent to invite us to your place again
wink.gif
I would surely be up for as many meets are organized, and I have a working TT right now to spice things up a bit...

Feb 28, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #27 of 125
It's a good idea, I'll be there, but I won't bring my stuff. I don't want the public to touch my stuff. I trust headphone audiophiles and most people there aren't.

Always welcomed at my dirty apartment
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #28 of 125
FSI would be nice but if it doesn't work out, I have my place too till March 24th.

Just saying that if you guys can organize it well within the FSI schedule, i would be awesome. I would agree that it's a pretty good exposure for us there and it might interest more people to come but maybe at the cost of gear variety... we will see!

Mar 3, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #30 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeboy999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does connections with the student union mean? Does it mean some rooms to rent for one or two nights at a really reduced rate? What is holding the headfiers from Toronto and NY speaking up here?

B
darthsmile.gif

I don't know about really reduced rate, but certianly less.
biggrin.gif

I honestly couldn't tell you by how much but I'd be shocked if it was anything more than 15%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back