Monthly CD subscription service
Nov 4, 2005 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

CMacDaddy

100+ Head-Fier
I saw a link from WC to www.yourmusic.com which is essentially $5.99 per CD as long as you pick at least one per month. This sounded like an awesome deal to me, except that yourmusic.com doesn't have alot of the CD's I'd want.

Does anyone else know of a CD subscription program that has a better selection of music? Anyone else know a way to get CD's for that cheap (besides used)?

Are these subscription things easy to cancel from? It says I can cancel anytime, is that after 1 year or really any time?

eh, any advice on the topic is appreciated

Nov 4, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 7
I wish yourmusic.com was in Canada. I think they have a pretty good selection. I could fill out my collection nicely. Would really like to get my hands on some more parliament & funkadellic stuff without paying an arm and a leg.

Nov 4, 2005 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 7
I looked up the first 10 artists on my Amazon Wish List and they didn't have a single one!

How can they not have Elbow.
confused.gif

I'm waiting with high expectations for someone to post a similar service with an actual selection to choose from.

Nov 5, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #4 of 7
For me a service like yourmusic.com isn't about getting stuff on a wish list; It is about trying out different genres and filling in gaps in a collection.

Pretty cool because you will be getting one new thing a month you weren't planning on and it only cost $6.

Nov 5, 2005 at 8:19 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMacDaddy
I saw a link from WC to www.yourmusic.com which is essentially $5.99 per CD as long as you pick at least one per month. This sounded like an awesome deal to me, except that yourmusic.com doesn't have alot of the CD's I'd want.

Does anyone else know of a CD subscription program that has a better selection of music? Anyone else know a way to get CD's for that cheap (besides used)?

Are these subscription things easy to cancel from? It says I can cancel anytime, is that after 1 year or really any time?

eh, any advice on the topic is appreciated

Yourmusic.com has as much selection as any of the clubs, they have many of the well known bands but not many lesser known bands (Elbow is still small band comapred to radiohead, oasis etc) Therefore it is great for someone one just starting or with small collection looking to expand cheaply.

You can buy as many new CDs as you want for $5.99 with free shipping, can't beat that deal! You can cancel at any time but must keep list of Cds to allow one automatic purchase each month.

If you want harder to find groups there is always Napster, Rhapsody etc subscription album downloads but not quite CD quality sound yet.

Nov 5, 2005 at 11:52 PM Post #6 of 7
Let's say I wanted to sign up to "fill out" my collection... are these the actual CD packages or do they have deleted or edited liner notes? That pissed me off a little about a BMG offer I did a long time ago.

Nov 6, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nepenthe
Let's say I wanted to sign up to "fill out" my collection... are these the actual CD packages or do they have deleted or edited liner notes? That pissed me off a little about a BMG offer I did a long time ago.

Same artwork/package as CDs you buy in stores

Users who are viewing this thread

Back