Headphoneus Supremus
Mini Review - 1-7-2021

Montblanc Chrome & Black Leather @sexy

40 MM NeoDymium Drivers
280 g
10-20.000 kHZ, < 32 ohm impedance, 90-100 dBm sensitivity
Premium Leather Cups and Headband
Chrome-Steel Frame

The reason these matter, is because Alex Rosson created them exclusively for Montblanc.
Now, some of you will recognize this name as belonging to the person who co/founded Audeze, and currently makes the incredible Rosson Rad-O Planars.
This means we are not dealing with a Sony or a Bose engineer, we are dealing with Alex from Audeze @RAD-0
I love the fact that when Montblanc pursues something to design and sell, they swing for the fences and reach for the Stars.
Enter Audeze Maestro : Alex Rossen.

So what has he created for the Montblanc company?
Well, he's created an audiophile $600 USD wireless or wired : "Bravo".....take a bow, Alex.
This Gear is all about Luxury and Pleasure........ and if that is your $$$$$ game, then come on in as the water is so fine...

So, here is the mini review............ Ready ??

Unboxing is very pleasurable. (see photos).

I only use them Wired, never do i touch wireless.
-------

Comfort : Excellent. Headphones are light.. Frame is very well designed.... medium clamp...... excellent Leather pads connected to comfortable cups that swivel. (Pads are replaceable).

Detachable Wires are not too long and are : "Ok".

Now....as you begin to listen to the MBO1's , you immediately realize that these are a premium sound, and not a consumer sound.
The MBO1's are a professionally and artistically created sonic experience.

No "V" shape.
No Siblance.
No Fatigue.

This is a sonic treat for your ears, as the MB01's sound bathes them in rich lush full > tonal pleasure.
There is nothing thin sounding found here, nothing sterile, nothing wasted.
This is a Gear that is designed to help you kick back and enjoy listening to the music, vs analyzing it to pieces.
The MB01's are a Chrome and Leather sonic pleasure cruise.

-----

Soundstage : Better then average for 40mm closed Headphones.

Timbre : Honey Lush

Tonality: Realism meets warm pleasure.

Bass : Full, Vibrant, LCD-X

Midrange : Wide, Lush, Liquid.

Upper mids : Sweetened

Low Mids : Ample

Treble : Sweet, Truthful, and Calm.

Lower Treble : Zero glare

Resolution: Not over sharpened : > and intended for an adult listening audience.

Detail Retrieval : Relaxed and pure.
-----

These are fine sounding headphones. Their sound is lush and warm and round and natural. Honey for the ears, and a feast for the eyes and the soul.

They are expensive and they are very good.
Dont buy them for their wireless capability, : buy them for their design Aesthetics and mature SQ and because you love the cool aficionado eye candy stuff.

The MB01's are available as :

Black Leather & Slvr Chrome
White Leather & Slvr Chrome
Brown Leather & Gold Chrome

Alex Rossen understands how to design beautiful sound and he created one inside the MB01's.

Who will love these.: Experienced Audiophiles who understand that having many sets of headphones means you have all the sounds you will ever need, right at your disposal, and sometimes you just want to lay inside a very Lush and beautiful audiophile sound.

Who will not love these : The listener who needs super charged treble, a surgical "V" shape, and who believes that the AudioTechnica M7RS is an Audiophile sound.

And one more.... The Montblanc Company provides you with a return label, prepaid, and included, should you not want to keep them. This Label is in the box...:)
I vote: You'll keep them...
And remember all you budding Audiophilers.... 2 simple rules regarding matching Gear<>Gear.
Remember, if your headphondes are warmer, richer,.... then you dont tube them, you use a more clinical Amp/Dac and a Sabre Dac.
Whereas, if your headphones are a bit trebly, a bit harsh, or too sharp, then out come the tubes and the Wolfson Dac.

Happy listening.....
-
-
P1070003.JPG

-
P1070004.JPG

-
P1070005.JPG

-

P1070007.JPG

-
P1070009.JPG

-
P1070010.JPG

-
P1070011.JPG
-
-
P1070012.JPG

-
P1070013.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #3 of 4
I haven't logged onto headfi in quite some time and this is the first post I saw.
Coincidence at work I suppose.
Either way I just wanted to say thank you for the kind words. It means more than you know.

Oh, im happy to supply a good review for a fine product, Alex.

Tomorrow (UPS permitting)... i'll receive a brand new set of Blue Rad-O's that you shipped me, only just today.
Looking forward to hearing them and reviewing them... @soon.

Jan 8, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #4 of 4
@alexrosson, I really like the MB01 but it is too small for me. The earcups barely cover my ears when the headphone is fully extended. I hope you will take this into consideration if you are involved in the design of the next iteration of this wonderful headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back