Montblanc MB-01 Smart headphones
Jun 28, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #31 of 46
They gain a little treble extension wired, with little compromise other than the grain gained from having more treble.

Oh and it is low sensitivity. Takes some power to get loud.

Jun 28, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #32 of 46
They gain a little treble extension wired, with little compromise other than the grain gained from having more treble.

Oh and it is low sensitivity. Takes some power to get loud.
Yes.. definitely low sensitivity. Ran them through a headphone amp (ALO national).. they responded very well. Opened up soundstage even further...

Aug 2, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #33 of 46
Great news, Montblanc replied to some Google appstore reviews. So they must have put some resources to updating it soon or eventually!
20210802_183448.jpg

Sep 2, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #34 of 46
I have an opportunity to grab these new at $355USD + Tax... makes me very tempted.

To be honest, I always ignored these because I also assumed Montblanc wouldnt make an audio product worth the price tag. I also already have a pair of MW65 so I don't know if it'd be worth it to have the MB 01 at the same time :\

Anyone have thoughts on how these compare to the MW65?
I actually find the MW65 a bit bright on some songs.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #35 of 46
I have an opportunity to grab these new at $355USD + Tax... makes me very tempted.

To be honest, I always ignored these because I also assumed Montblanc wouldnt make an audio product worth the price tag. I also already have a pair of MW65 so I don't know if it'd be worth it to have the MB 01 at the same time :\

Anyone have thoughts on how these compare to the MW65?
I actually find the MW65 a bit bright on some songs.
The MB01s are a very different beast to the MW65, I have both. The MB01s are warm and lush. The MW65 are cool and clinical and as you say a bit bright. The MBO1s pack weight on the bottom end. The MW65s are a bit bass shy. They are two different headphones. if you get the MBs you won't regret it I don't think.😁. Plus the noise cancelling is way better in the MBs.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #36 of 46
The MB01s are a very different beast to the MW65, I have both. The MB01s are warm and lush. The MW65 are cool and clinical and as you say a bit bright. The MBO1s pack weight on the bottom end. The MW65s are a bit bass shy. They are two different headphones. if you get the MBs you won't regret it I don't think.😁. Plus the noise cancelling is way better in the MBs.
Plus the MB01s have a much more comfortable headband... at least for me.

Sep 2, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #38 of 46
I just wish there were more reviews on this headphone. All of the ones I've found so far read more like an advertisement paid for by marketing, except for the very critical review by crinacle on youtube. Although what he hates, may be exactly what I like, which is more emphasis on the bass.

Sep 4, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #39 of 46
I just wish there were more reviews on this headphone. All of the ones I've found so far read more like an advertisement paid for by marketing, except for the very critical review by crinacle on youtube. Although what he hates, may be exactly what I like, which is more emphasis on the bass.
There a few reviews out there if you look... Most have them at about 4 stars out of five.

If you like bass you will love these, as they do emphasize the bottom end, but not so that it bleeds into the mids. Treble is good too. Soundstage is nice and wide with good instrument separation. The only real downside is the battery, which lasts about as long as the momentum 3s. The materials are wonderful soft leather and they are as comfortable as the qc35s to wear. If you use them wired and with a headphone amp and play around with the EQ in your DAP they sound really wonderful... Warm and yet detailed. If you can get em at a reduced price, they are worth it.

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #40 of 46
There a few reviews out there if you look... Most have them at about 4 stars out of five.

If you like bass you will love these, as they do emphasize the bottom end, but not so that it bleeds into the mids. Treble is good too. Soundstage is nice and wide with good instrument separation. The only real downside is the battery, which lasts about as long as the momentum 3s. The materials are wonderful soft leather and they are as comfortable as the qc35s to wear. If you use them wired and with a headphone amp and play around with the EQ in your DAP they sound really wonderful... Warm and yet detailed. If you can get em at a reduced price, they are worth it.
Hmm sounds good. I'm looking forward to the bass and the comfort the most. Ordered my pair, paid $400 after tax (15% off from Hodinkee + 150 off 500 from Amex offer).
Should get it this week.

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #41 of 46
Hmm sounds good. I'm looking forward to the bass and the comfort the most. Ordered my pair, paid $400 after tax (15% off from Hodinkee + 150 off 500 from Amex offer).
Should get it this week.
You will not be disappointed with either bass or comfort I think.. I really am fond of them. I am surprised they don't get a bit more kudos....maybe cause the cost is generally prohibitive if not on discount..

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #42 of 46
You will not be disappointed with either bass or comfort I think.. I really am fond of them. I am surprised they don't get a bit more kudos....maybe cause the cost is generally prohibitive if not on discount..
Yea that and the general "Montblanc doesnt make headphones" attitude. I kinda understand both points.. I heard about the release of these but never looked into them for both reasons.

The cost is kinda in-line with B&O or M&D but the reputation and marketing for audio just isnt there for Montblanc.

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #43 of 46
Yea that and the general "Montblanc doesnt make headphones" attitude. I kinda understand both points.. I heard about the release of these but never looked into them for both reasons.

The cost is kinda in-line with B&O or M&D but the reputation and marketing for audio just isnt there for Montblanc.
True..it's not known for audio, but they got Alex Rosson in for that side of things and they sound good to my ears..warm and enveloping. They are a quality product in the materials, so worth it. Think you will like the contrast to the MW65..a different sound altogether...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back