Monstercat
Aug 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ibob4tacoz

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm starting this thread for, we'll, MonstercatMedia fans. I haven't talked to/encountered many, sooooo yeah. (Talk about new releases, introduce yourself, name some favorite artists.)

Aug 27, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #2 of 12
Been listening a good bit to DotEXE, I believe they're a part of Monstercat. I guess I should check out other artists under them!

Holy cats just started scrolling through Spotify search: monstercat in popularity order, some awesome stuff here. Thanks for reminding me!

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #3 of 12
Been listening a good bit to DotEXE, I believe they're a part of Monstercat. I guess I should check out other artists under them!

Holy cats just started scrolling through Spotify search: monstercat in popularity order, some awesome stuff here. Thanks for reminding me!
Yeah, DotEXE is Monstercat, though he hasn't had a Monstercat release in awhile. You should check out Tristam, Project 46, as Rogue. There's A LOT of Monstercat stuff.

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #5 of 12
I'm SORT of liking their glitch-hope genre at the moment. However I liked the original Monstercat, back when they were unique compared to the awkwardly popular UKF artists.

Even though I have moved out of the genre, I still keep artists like TVDS, Pegboard Nerds, Tut Tut Child. I have one song I loved from the beginning and still love it now: Punks by F.O.O.L. Those synthesizers were a whole new level after getting my first mid-fi headphones.

At first I thought bass was the main spectrum of techno, now it's the whole spectrum that makes everything amazing. However that's what drew me away from techno, I craved for more detail and eventually went to classical, rock and poprock.

To put everything in one post, is it necessary to download techno/monstercat albums in flac? I remember buying Monstercat albums back at 003 and I wasn't really into the audiophile business. So I only downloaded them in 320kbps mp3, unfortunately I can't redownload them in Flac. I really don't want to result in pirating because I like supporting artists, because all my friends torrent and I refuse to do the same.

How much of a difference will I tell between flac and 320kbps?

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #6 of 12
I'm SORT of liking their glitch-hope genre at the moment. However I liked the original Monstercat, back when they were unique compared to the awkwardly popular UKF artists.

Even though I have moved out of the genre, I still keep artists like TVDS, Pegboard Nerds, Tut Tut Child. I have one song I loved from the beginning and still love it now: Punks by F.O.O.L. Those synthesizers were a whole new level after getting my first mid-fi headphones.

At first I thought bass was the main spectrum of techno, now it's the whole spectrum that makes everything amazing. However that's what drew me away from techno, I craved for more detail and eventually went to classical, rock and poprock.

To put everything in one post, is it necessary to download techno/monstercat albums in flac? I remember buying Monstercat albums back at 003 and I wasn't really into the audiophile business. So I only downloaded them in 320kbps mp3, unfortunately I can't redownload them in Flac. I really don't want to result in pirating because I like supporting artists, because all my friends torrent and I refuse to do the same.

How much of a difference will I tell between flac and 320kbps?

To download FLAC, just go through their links and download the bitrate/type you want. As for the difference, of course FLAC will be better, but it is very "subtle".

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #8 of 12
Oh hai there.. Since theres a monstercat thread now haha. Man im too lazy to keep up with their individual uploads so I'm just slowly catching up every time they release a new album... Like today.

Though i haven't been listening to much of their stuff since i sold my ws55s... Q701s just dont work that well with electronic.

Hopefully those onkyos will be able to do this stuff well.

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #9 of 12
Oh hai there.. Since theres a monstercat thread now haha. Man im too lazy to keep up with their individual uploads so I'm just slowly catching up every time they release a new album... Like today.

Though i haven't been listening to much of their stuff since i sold my ws55s... Q701s just dont work that well with electronic.

Hopefully those onkyos will be able to do this stuff well.
Well, you're gonna be missing out on some stuff in between.

Sep 3, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #10 of 12
Well i listen to some of the individual ep releases, but that's probably true. Though my music is starting to lean towards more chill step and the like. Have you heard mrsuicidesheep's stuff its great (i know hes just promoting but hey he's got great taste).

I honestly didnt like most of the spotlight compilations... Spotlight 2 was better, but 1 was meh except for diamond sky...

Saying that you can probably already tell my taste in electronic which is why i haven't been so focused on monstercat anymore.

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #11 of 12
Well i listen to some of the individual ep releases, but that's probably true. Though my music is starting to lean towards more chill step and the like. Have you heard mrsuicidesheep's stuff its great (i know hes just promoting but hey he's got great taste).

I honestly didnt like most of the spotlight compilations... Spotlight 2 was better, but 1 was meh except for diamond sky...

Saying that you can probably already tell my taste in electronic which is why i haven't been so focused on monstercat anymore.
Meh, you should listen to Universal by TwoThirds, it's DnB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back