MonsterCable Mini Stereo Headphone Splitter
May 2, 2004 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 6
To be honest, I wouldn't use any splitter at all whatsoever. Especially with very power-hungry and current-hungry headphones like your new HD570s. All splitters actually share the meager soundcard output between two or more devices, leaving you much too little output to drive your HD570s (especially when the speakers are also being turned on at the same time). Also, most splitters actually rob that weak soundcard output of much usable audio output, as well.

May 3, 2004 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 6
Okay, thanks! I was just worried about the constant plugging and unpluggin of the headphone/speaker into the soundcard. Don't want to wear out the plugs. I guess I'll just keep the senns plugged in :p since my cheapo yamaha computer speakers are inferior to them anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks again
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
To be honest, I wouldn't use any splitter at all whatsoever. Especially with very power-hungry and current-hungry headphones like your new HD570s. All splitters actually share the meager soundcard output between two or more devices, leaving you much too little output to drive your HD570s (especially when the speakers are also being turned on at the same time). Also, most splitters actually rob that weak soundcard output of much usable audio output, as well.

May 3, 2004 at 3:06 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaK
... I was just worried about the constant plugging and unpluggin of the headphone/speaker into the soundcard. Don't want to wear out the plugs...

You might want to get a short headphone extension cable that would reach to a convenient location so that you won't have to reach behind the computer each time to swap cables. This would also prevent wear on the soundcard jack.

May 3, 2004 at 4:58 AM Post #5 of 6
I actually have a cheapo one from radio shack, but would that [theoretically speaking] degrade the sound? By no means am I an audiophile yet :p but I figured since so many people beleive that changing the stock cables on certain headphones can greatly improve the sound, would adding this extension to the cable sort of ... you know ... :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juergen
You might want to get a short headphone extension cable that would reach to a convenient location so that you won't have to reach behind the computer each time to swap cables. This would also prevent wear on the soundcard jack.

May 3, 2004 at 12:58 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaK
I actually have a cheapo one from radio shack, but would that [theoretically speaking] degrade the sound? ...

Theoretically yes. Practically, that's up to your ears. A year ago when I joined this forum I wouldn't have thought too much about it. Since then I have invested a few $$$ into my system including over $200 for a headphone cable replacement. Since you have a cable just try it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back