Monster Turbines?
Mar 3, 2012 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

deathangel1496

New Head-Fier
I have just traded my relatively new Etymotic HF3's for some new Monster Turbines, anyone know what I can expect quality wise? I know about the flimsy wiring, so I will be wrapping the cables with embroidery string.

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #2 of 18
I don't know which turbine you have, but I have five of their high end iems, and all i can say is wen they're working, they sound nice, but wen they're not, it sucks, because you have to ship to Monster and pay shipping and wait like 1 and half month. To me, this happens too often.

Gudluck.

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #4 of 18
The bass is more deep and impactful compared to HF3 and mids, highs are not far behind and they offers good clarity overall.

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #5 of 18
I wasn't a big fan. I thought i was a bass head before buying them and replacing my amazing Denon AH-C710's. Base was too muddy for my likings and highs where screathing. Had them burning for 40h before using. They where also quite heavy and didn't really allow me to use them when just taking my dog out.

Thankfully they broke without no visble damage so i got them returned them to Amazon.de and got my moneys back. :wink:
Hopefully you have a better luck.

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #6 of 18
MONSTER TURBINE
one word, phonomenon.
in my life i've never like monster nor do beats by dre but i must admit that this earphone, monster turbine is one of the most astonishing earphone i've ever listen to.
since the the bass fit perfectly not too much not too less just perfect, the clarity of the speaker also satisfy me. if i compare this to ibeats
then i would say that the sound and the look is absolutely different.

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #7 of 18
MONSTER TURBINE
one word, phonomenon.
in my life i've never like monster nor do beats by dre but i must admit that this earphone, monster turbine is one of the most astonishing earphone i've ever listen to.
since the the bass fit perfectly not too much not too less just perfect, the clarity of the speaker also satisfy me. if i compare this to ibeats

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #8 of 18

Quote:
MONSTER TURBINE
one word, phonomenon.

Monster Turbine range are popular here, it's only beats and other celebrity Monster products that get a red flag. 

I couldn't agree more with you about the SQ of Turbines, ours arrived today from a member here and I'm absolutely loving them. It really does sound beyond my expectations. I've owned genuine Tours in the past, they were a train wreck with screeching harsh highs that hurt your ears. Turbines are a work of art, almost like said: Full size speakers in each ear.

We've (my son and I) been looking for this kind of sound since I started buying headphones and today I found an end to a long road. For the first time I've found myself content listening to one album right through without changing because everything sounds so real, percussion and instruments have so much detail in them. I'm amping them with E11 by the way with, ipod/ LOD.

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #9 of 18
I've owned the IBeats, Monster Jams, and the Turbines. All of of them sound amazing while they work, but they WILL eventually stop working. I had the same issue several times with them, after a few months, one of the earbuds would stop working. I was working at best Buy during this time and made sure to get the replacement plan on each one. But having to exchange them constantly just wasn't worth it after a while. I figured the turbines would be better than the other two due to the higher cost...wasn't the case.

They're all built solidly and were quite heavy due to the (metal) construction. Very bassy, which I liked, and had overall pleasing sound. But the constant ear bud going out issue that seems to plague Monster buds was too much.

That's when I ordered my Klipsch s4is...

Perhaps you'll have better luck than I did.

[Sent from my HTC Inspire via Tapatalk 2.0 :) Pardon errors.]

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #10 of 18

Quote:
I've owned the IBeats, Monster Jams, and the Turbines. All of of them sound amazing while they work, but they WILL eventually stop working. I had the same issue several times with them, after a few months, one of the earbuds would stop working. I was working at best Buy during this time and made sure to get the replacement plan on each one. But having to exchange them constantly just wasn't worth it after a while. I figured the turbines would be better than the other two due to the higher cost...wasn't the case.
They're all built solidly and were quite heavy due to the (metal) construction. Very bassy, which I liked, and had overall pleasing sound. But the constant ear bud going out issue that seems to plague Monster buds was too much.
That's when I ordered my Klipsch s4is...
Perhaps you'll have better luck than I did.
[Sent from my HTC Inspire via Tapatalk 2.0
smily_headphones1.gif
Pardon errors.]

I completely believe you, I have heard / read several story's here about the cable issues and build quality which is a worry for anyone thinking of purchasing, (especially refurbs) This pair of Turbines here won't be leaving the house much and used lightly with care. So hopefully we can keep them alive. *fingers crossed*  

Apr 13, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #11 of 18
I say you sell the Turbines on ebay as you WILL get quite a bit for them...then get some CKS77 have same sound sig as turbines but sre better...heck people are saying they beat out the monster miles davies tributes and the CKS77 cost under $100

Totallydubbed has ordered them and he has both the MDT tributes and turbines and will post a review on his website when he gets them next week...one to look out for!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 13, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #12 of 18

Quote:
I say you sell the Turbines on ebay as you WILL get quite a bit for them...then get some CKS77 have same sound sig as turbines but sre better...heck people are saying they beat out the monster miles davies tributes and the CKS77 cost under $100
Totallydubbed has ordered them and he has both the MDT tributes and turbines and will post a review on his website when he gets them next week...one to look out for!
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I think I'll pass on CKS77 for now. I've read about them but I have TF10's arriving soon, which should be more than enough to keep me going. 

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:
I think I'll pass on CKS77 for now. I've read about them but I have TF10's arriving soon, which should be more than enough to keep me going. 

Fair enough...hope you enjoy them!

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #14 of 18
Apparently I only like fragile IEMs :wink:  I've moved back to using my MTs since my Shure 215s just decided to die on me (again).  I haven't had any trouble with the Turbines and when I came back to them, they did remind me why I do like them so much.  They do sound great.  I find the 215s a little more comfortable (but not really much...I can wear either all day) and they don't isolate as much as I'd like but they do isolate better than many others I've had.

Compared to the S4s I have, I don't find there to be any comparison at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back