monster turbines or beats tours please?
Jul 11, 2011 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

covertspy

New Head-Fier
hi, im saving up for a pair of IEMs but im caught between these 2 earphones...the monster turbines (not PRO) and the beats tours. i never had much luck with earphones, they always tend to die in 1 side after a few months even with rather moderate care (i always use the casing provided) i dont know whether its the wiring that broke inside or the earpieces themselves that gave way. :|

so im currently looking for the more durable pair of the duo. it seems that the beats tour with its tangle-free cable is more long-lasting than the monster turbines but i have read numerous reviews that the earpiece dies out. then again the monster turbines earpieces's build quality seems much sturdier but with the lack of the tangle-free cord, im afraid that the wires might break somewhere.

i have read/watched countless reviews on both products but i'd rather get a more personalized opinion. it would be lovely if some of you would help me out here :) many thx...

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #3 of 3
Tangle-free cord can be a bad thing, they can tend to get quite annoying, and can break as easily as a normal cable.  The Beats are highly overpriced and not worth it sonically.  I'd really look elsewhere as their sound quality is really under par.

As for the Turbines, they would be my recommendation between the two.  However, they also have some faulty build (been seen in the Coppers; don't know about these).  I'd keep searching if you want good sound with durability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back