Monster turbines Failing, looking for better replacements?
Jun 11, 2011 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jamestsao

New Head-Fier
Hey guys and gals,

My monster turbine standards are finally giving in after a satisfying year and i am looking for another replacement that has a similar sound signature. It has great bass but still retains some good clarity. Of course, the area that has broken is the cable near the connector part, like most iems. It is disappointing that a pair of decent headphones break at an area that should not be broken if manufacturers truly wanted durability instead of money. it is as if they make it weak enough to break so they will have more customers. I have also noticed that monster has released an updated version of the monster turbines with somewhat more reinforced cables. Does anyone know what shops sell these updated versions and not the older stock? I am also interested in IEMs that have a similar sound signature with a replaceable cable, say under $100?

thanks for the help

Jun 11, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 4
IEMs in under 100$ price range are be made to break soon, in order for the maker to sell you another unit within short period and thus keep on making profit.
That is the problem with cheap products, as we think we pay less now,we save but at the end we pay less today but double tomorrow.
Advice, save up and get something more durable and with good warranty like Ortofon , Audio Technica, Shure, Westones.....

Jun 11, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 4
OG Turbines come with a three year warranty, and theres a good chance you'll get a replacement with the newer cable. Call Monster and they'll gladly replace it. You can request a prepaid shipping label but they may not give it you for your first return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back