Monster Turbines $40 refurb - good deal?
Dec 28, 2010 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

disastermouse

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, is it?

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 13
find one bought from one of the amazon deals w/ the receipt included, $20 more is worth 2.9 months more warranty coverage, lack of strain relief and poor cabling doesn't inspire enough confidence to trust only 90 days of warranty. though I'm not sure if these are the upgraded versions w/ the better cabling and strain relief, the one from amazon was the older version in the newer box...:p typical of monster

Dec 29, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 13
i just got mine and they seem to work pretty well. i got the older model with the straight jack and there weren't any replacement tips.. but i guess i can't complain. they work just fine though.. for now anyway

Dec 29, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #5 of 13

Quote:
i just got mine and they seem to work pretty well. i got the older model with the straight jack and there weren't any replacement tips.. but i guess i can't complain. they work just fine though.. for now anyway

no replacement tips? you mean they only included one size?

James

Dec 29, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #7 of 13
Sorry about skepticism. Is this deal legit? or just another way of some bootleg pretending to be authentic one

We all know how many fake products for monster around at the market

Dec 29, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #9 of 13
from Monster themselves, no worries on this deal.

i ordered a pair for myself and my brother andjust saw that they only come with one set of tips.

what tips should i get if i dont like that one pair they give? ive been wanting to check on some other tips for my RE0's anyway.

Dec 29, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #10 of 13
Have any of you had trouble with these headphones staying in your ear? I know it sounds crazy, but I bought these from monster refurbished and I also only got 1 set of tips, the ones on them, and they have trouble staying in my ear, however my brother doesn't have this issue.

Dec 29, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #11 of 13

Quote:

i ordered a pair for myself and my brother andjust saw that they only come with one set of tips.

what tips should i get if i dont like that one pair they give? ive been wanting to check on some other tips for my RE0's anyway.

alot of people on head-fi have been recommending the comply t-400 tips http://www.complyfoam.com/products/index.php?strProductName=T{48}400&strModelName=Turbine__trade;

you could also try the monster supertips however i'm not sure which one is better. is there anybody that has tried both?

Quote:
Have any of you had trouble with these headphones staying in your ear? I know it sounds crazy, but I bought these from monster refurbished and I also only got 1 set of tips, the ones on them, and they have trouble staying in my ear, however my brother doesn't have this issue.

they stay on fine for me. this sounds a bit weird considering how big the standard tips on these are. have you tried wrapping the wire around your ear and putting them in that way?

Dec 29, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
Quote:

alot of people on head-fi have been recommending the comply t-400 tips http://www.complyfoam.com/products/index.php?strProductName=T{48}400&strModelName=Turbine__trade;

you could also try the monster supertips however i'm not sure which one is better. is there anybody that has tried both?

Quote:

they stay on fine for me. this sounds a bit weird considering how big the standard tips on these are. have you tried wrapping the wire around your ear and putting them in that way?

you can obviously expect fitment issues with only one eartip
earcanals aren't exactly one size fit all

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #13 of 13
Sorry for bumping this, but i didn't want to create a new thread sorry.

I bought TWO pairs of these for 50$ each from monster outlet, finally back in stock.

The packaging is no longer just a plastic baggy with a leather pouch, instead it comes with the box without the sleeve, the box is absolute crap, flimsy.

The packaging, the velvet plastic is EXACTLY like the FAKE monster turbine packaging.

It looks fake, sounds real, all markings are clean.

I need help, i have no idea, i have three pairs right now, one i bought from an auction, two i bought from the outlet...

My friend's both are different in terms of sound and packaging.

Monster, why do you fail so bad at QA? :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back