Monster Turbine Pro Gold Question
Jun 17, 2011 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Mintz

Head-Fier
[size=10pt]Firstly, I apologize for the lengthy post. So I recently ordered and received a pair of the MTPG IEMs from Amazon and I have been having an issue with them. I searched the forums for a few minutes to see if anyone has had a similar problem but didn't see any topics like this. My problem is when I put them in or adjust them sometimes the volume on the right earphone shuts off. I will hear a popping sound and then the sound will cut off completely. This only happens on the right earphone. At first I thought it was a fit issue and when I would play around with it it would make another popping sound and then start working. I recently found it that it is actually the cable right where it connects to the housing. I found out when I make an adjustment to the right headphone and the sound cuts off if I jiggle the cable right near the place that it connects to the housing the sound comes back in. I was wondering if anyone else who owns the MTPG experienced anything like this? It seems like the headphone is defective. It isn't a huge annoyance, but I figure that I paid a lot for these headphones and something like this shouldn't be happening. I know Monster has a great warranty. I believe it is a life-time guarantee for manufacturers defects and one "oops I broke them myself" replacement. I am borderline obsessive compulsive in the way I take care of my electronics and headphones [size=x-small](I even keep my MTPG's in the box they came in when not in use because I don't want them to get dusty)[/size] so I know the fault is not mine. I am just worried that if I do send them back they will consider this the "oops I broker my headphones" replacement even though I haven't done anything to them. That is why I am hesitant to send them back.[/size]

[size=10pt]Any help would be apprecaited.[/size]

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 2
I would contact Amazon via chat and get a replacement. I got the coppers and getting a 2nd replacement. My first had the same problem as yours except just the low sounds were gone on the right and wouldn't come back. The second one had the housing falling apart on the left side. I believe the problem with yours is called driver flex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back