Monster Turbine Pro Gold/Copper w/ Controltalk Price Drop?
Oct 22, 2011 at 5:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ShadowMax

New Head-Fier
So I had purchased my Monster Turbine Golds and paid roughly $300 after tax from best buy. After a week or so I was determined to get my hands on the Copper Pros as I hear they are more balanced and produce more detail. Well yesterday I just notice that all the ControlTalk versions seemed to have dropped their prices on amazon quite a bit: Copper at $244 and Golds at $198. The versions with no ControlTalk are still the same prices as they were before. I'm just wondering if there is a reason for this price drop? Is there something wrong with the ControlTalk version? Is there a difference in sound quality versus the non ControlTalk?

Chris

Oct 22, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #2 of 11

Quote:
So I had purchased my Monster Turbine Golds and paid roughly $300 after tax from best buy. After a week or so I was determined to get my hands on the Copper Pros as I hear they are more balanced and produce more detail. Well yesterday I just notice that all the ControlTalk versions seemed to have dropped their prices on amazon quite a bit: Copper at $244 and Golds at $198. The versions with no ControlTalk are still the same prices as they were before. I'm just wondering if there is a reason for this price drop? Is there something wrong with the ControlTalk version? Is there a difference in sound quality versus the non ControlTalk?

Chris

They sound the same but sometimes awkward because of where the remote/mic is and the chin slider becomes useless. Also, the price for them changes all the time on Amazon, I've seen the Coppers and Golds for <$200.

Oct 22, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 11
I was actually about to buy the coppers for $325 on Amazon last night but in the day I was browsing around on of the local electronics store (fry's) when I saw them on display. Unfortunately they only had the controltalk version for $400 but they do price match online and Amazon had them for $244 as I was shocked when the non control talk versions were at $300 still.

Oct 22, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
They sound the same but sometimes awkward because of where the remote/mic is and the chin slider becomes useless. Also, the price for them changes all the time on Amazon, I've seen the Coppers and Golds for <$200.

Yep. I personally got the Coppers(non-mic) for $189.
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #5 of 11
Honestly I rather have the non-controltalk if I'd be able to get it for $189. The mic controller quality is just horrible and flimsy. You can just hear the plastic parts moving around while handling the headphones.

Mar 19, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #8 of 11
For the price they are still worth it in my opinion. That being said would i buy them for 400, no. This past holiday season the monster turbine coppers w control talk went for 220 on amazon. i would wait for them to go on sale. Same opinion with sennheisers top iem as they did the same also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back