Monster Turbine Pro Copper or Westone UM3X
Jul 21, 2011 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

markwilliamsweb

Head-Fier
Hey,

I currently have a pair of Sennheiser IE8's and have never been very happy with them. I always feel disappointed when listening to them as I feel they lack clarity, especially compared to my full sized Denon AHD5000's.

I have narrowed down some replacements and based on what I have read I would be looking at the Monster Turbine Pro Copper or Westone UM3X.

I do like bass and think they are perfect on the AHD5000's, but I really want to have great instrument separation and clarity but am not sure which one of these IEMs would be the best for that. Can anyone offer some advice?

Cheers!

Jul 22, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #2 of 7
Does anyone have any thoughts?

Jul 22, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #3 of 7
Out of those two detailing and clarity would go to the UM3X. However, if you want something fun, mid forward and with decent clarity and bass impact, the SE535 might be something to consider as well. They're not as balanced or refined as the UM3X, but they are a bit more exciting depending on what it is you're after.

Jul 22, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks Naim.F.C,

I hadn't considered the SE535's. I've just had a browse and they seem to get cracking reviews, so I'll definitely add them onto my shopping list. I've also read your W4/SE535 comparison which was very interesting.

Jul 22, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Thanks Naim.F.C,

I hadn't considered the SE535's. I've just had a browse and they seem to get cracking reviews, so I'll definitely add them onto my shopping list. I've also read your W4/SE535 comparison which was very interesting.

No problem. My pleasure. I'm thinking I might actually do some video reviews at some point since no real detailed one's seem to be too popular these days. But it all depends on how much time I have.

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #7 of 7
I have both the Copper and the UM3x. I think the UM3x will suit you more with the clarity and instrument separation.

They have very good quality bass as well but the Coppers win in that department as they have the Dynamic Drivers suited for it.

UM3x clarity and instrument separation is some of the best you'll find when it comes to IEMs. Best part is that they are very very comfortable to wear for hours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back