Monster Turbine Pro Copper Mod
Sep 8, 2011 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Danthrax

100+ Head-Fier

The stock cables came loose so I added some silver plated copper wire. These were easier to re-solder than most IEMs I have tried.

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #4 of 17
Nice job. I want to try something like that for myself.

Sep 8, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #5 of 17
You need to be very careful with IEMs it's very easy to destroy them while soldering. The Copper's were fairly easy to work with though they don't have the standard design of other IEM's I have worked with. The solder points are actually a layer away from the inner workings of the driver not right on the back of it.

Sep 9, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #6 of 17
Did you not want to use Monster's lifetime warranty?  Looks really nice, did you notice any improvement in sound?

Sep 9, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #7 of 17
Wow. You're teaching Monster cable how to really cable their IEMs.

Sep 9, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #8 of 17
I bought them refurbished so no lifetime warranty. And honestly they have been broken for so long I can't really judge if the sound is better or not.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #9 of 17
hey danthrax, this is honestly my first post, aha just joined to ask you for some advice on rewiring my copper turbines (no inline control, same as yours), so please let me know how you did it successfully, because i ruined my brother's last pair of turbines while trying to rewire them, his turbine lost sound in the left speaker as did mine last week, not completely but enough to ruin the music. also i think i'll use an apple headphone wire (standard, no mic) to rewire them. so please let me know anything you think would help me do it right this time! 
thanks

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #10 of 17
I ended up breaking mine too. These are pretty faulty headphones I would steer clear of future purchases of them. Brainwavz M4 honestly sound better too IMO.

Apr 8, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #12 of 17
Great Job! A friend of mine just lost sound in his and was considering his options.

Would love to see more detailed pics if available of your operation on those turbines.

Apr 8, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #13 of 17
I got both the Coppers and the Miles Davis sets and both sets lost sound due to the cables coming loose.  If you wiggle the cables, you can get sound.  Will never buy from Monster ever again.

Nov 24, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #15 of 17
These are honestly garbage headphones, the Klipsh x10 are 1000x better and are like $130-140 on Amazon regularly, and drop down to $80-100 around the holidays. Plus they don't break after a month or so. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back