Monster Turbine Pro Copper from Amazon???
Mar 2, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #17 of 26
I bought my Monster Turbines from Amazon.com and they failed after 6 months or so. I sent them to Monster and they returned the phones back to me and said that they were fake... 

Go figure... 

Has that happened to anyone? If yes, how can I get my money back from Amazon? 

Mar 2, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #18 of 26
thats wacky. definitely contact amazon about your issue. they'll likely help you out. if not, you can always file a dispute with your credit card. Did you buy it from a different seller, or straight from amazon?

Mar 2, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #19 of 26

Quote:
I bought my Monster Turbines from Amazon.com and they failed after 6 months or so. I sent them to Monster and they returned the phones back to me and said that they were fake... 

Go figure... 

Has that happened to anyone? If yes, how can I get my money back from Amazon? 

You probably bought from a re-seller on Amazon.  If it said Ships from and Sold from Amazon.com then I don't know what to tell you.  Check your account order info and see if it was by a reseller and not amazon directly.

Mar 2, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #20 of 26
Well I know that if I had bought from a merchant on Amazon, that would be the end of my case. 

But I bought it from Amazon itself and I quite honestly can't find an information on the products that they sell as fake. Any phone numbers I can call or links you guys can think of ? 

Here's the screenshot 

Mar 2, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #21 of 26
I found the appropriate link and sent an email to Amazon.com. Let's see what they are going to do... 

Mar 2, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #22 of 26
I've never heard amazon do this before 
confused.gif
. Hope you get a pair of real Turbines lol.

Mar 3, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #23 of 26
I got mine last week.. I really enjoy the sound! But I have nothing to compare with except the oroginal apple headphones and it´s a BIG difference..

How do I see if my coppers are fake too??

Shouldt it be a big difference in sound between fakes and originals?

Mar 3, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #24 of 26
Well when I first bought them, they were my first high quality in ears, ( I didn't know better at the time). So coming from earbuds, they sounded awesome until the cable gave out after 6 months or so. I wasn't a member at head-fi back then either. So I had no idea that they had fake Monsters. And buying from Amazon.com itself and not from a merchant there, I felt quite safe. Like I said, I sent my pair for the replacement to Monsters and they wrote me back and said that they were fake. 

Anyways, I have been writing back and forth to Amazon. First they said they would give me a partial refund and after I sent another email explaining the whole situation, they were willing to refund me in full. So buying Monster products even from an authorized dealer? No thanks... I found out better phones that suit my taste anyway. 

Mar 3, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #25 of 26
Okay I see.. I have send an email both to monster and amazon regarding this...

I think it´s a great sound, but as you say, have nothing else to compare with.. was the sound much better in your new headphones?

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #26 of 26

Quote:
Okay I see.. I have send an email both to monster and amazon regarding this...

I think it´s a great sound, but as you say, have nothing else to compare with.. was the sound much better in your new headphones?

If by new headphones you are referring to the replacement pair, like I said, I never got a replacement pair for Turbines. But if you're referring to my other purchases after Monsters, I bought a Klipsch Image S4 and they were fine and I liked them a lot considering how dirt cheap they were. My current IEMs are Westone UM3X and they are better than any IEM I've tried. The next upgrade would be JH16 customs or something like that, but until then, I am very content with my Westones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back