monster turbine or klipsch x10
Jun 16, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
amazon has the x10 on sale for 210. is it worth the extra money to get these over the turbines?

You haven't given enough information for anyone to help you. You need to explain what kind of music you listen to, where you listen to it (at a desk, working out), what sound signature you prefer, etc. Please read other question thread for examples.

They are both good earphones, the operative question being "which is better for you?".

Jun 16, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #4 of 18
I own(ed) both, still have the X10s. The Klipsch phones are great little phones. Both phones suffer from microphonics and some cable wear issues. Klipsch has apparently fixed their durability problems with new strain relief, but the Turbines are still the original models.

Personally, given the choice, I prefer the X10s because they are so small, comfy and they sound nice as well. I sold the Turbines because the sound didn't knock me out, and I had no real need for them. I prefer a balanced armature over a dynamic IEM, just a personal preference.

Since the Turbines can be had for $100 or thereabouts, it's a tough call. But I don't think you will be disappointed with the X10s. They are very different in-ear phones, but either one will be a good purchase. If money is not a major factor, I would get the X10s.

Jun 16, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

I only want to know other peoples opinions of the x10's and if they are worth the extra money in their opinions, not mine. Sorry if that was unclear to you.

Cool. It's normally implied in that question "Which is better for me?" But if you'd like to know what my opinion is for me, I chose the X10's. They are very comfortable, have great clarity, and are overall a great sounding earphone. IMO, they are worth the extra money. I chose them because I felt they were going to be almost as good as earphones in the $300 range, and I also paid just over $200 for them.

Jun 16, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool. It's normally implied in that question "Which is better for me?" But if you'd like to know what my opinion is for me, I chose the X10's. They are very comfortable, have great clarity, and are overall a great sounding earphone. IMO, they are worth the extra money. I chose them because I felt they were going to be almost as good as earphones in the $300 range, and I also paid just over $200 for them.

X2. True. Let people know what you want, soundstage, bass preference, type of music.

"some one garbage may be exactly other' s treasure"

What if you are bass lover, while X10 is offering detail oriented presentation than overwhelming bass of monster.

Beware no earphone are the same, and people just love or hate it based on personal preference, even for IEM gain popularity in headfi, like PFE, IE8, UM3x , there are still some guys out there prefer apple in ear over them just because they think higher tier IEM does not "worth" for its price tag.

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #9 of 18
I have the X10s are my primary headphones and the bass is perfect. It actually reminds me a lot of my sub in my home theater system - deep, yet controlled non-muddy bass. To my ears, the bass in no way overpowers the other aspects of the music. I can't say the same about the Shure 115's (my secondary phones), but I still like those as well.

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

thanks for the input. I listen to classic rock, metal, rap/hiphop, to name a few. How is the bass on the x10's?

The bass on the X10's is very tight and deep. It's not as dominant as some other "basshead" earphones, however, depending on the tips you use.

The X10's are excellent with classic rock, metal, and hip hop BTW. The Turbines will have the more dominant bass for hip hop, but the detail level of the X10's is excellent for classic rock and metal.

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #11 of 18
now I am also considering the super fi 5 pro and the new ue 700. out of the turbines, ue 700, x10 and super fi pro, what pair do you think suits me best pertaining to the genres I listed. Also in your opinion which pair do you think is the best value?

Jun 18, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #12 of 18
I have the Super.fi 5 Pro, Triple.fi, even SE530, and have been listening to all of them over the past couple of weeks. All are good, my preference remains with the Triple.fi for these three.

However, the Turbines definitely play in their league. Yes, they are a bassier phone than the others, but to me it is a very natural bass sound (almost like using a subwoofer), without sacrificing the mids and highs. For their price (they were $105 at MacMall recently), they are a definite bargain, and would still recommend the Turbines at their $150 list price.

Jun 18, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #13 of 18
Another Turbine fan, even though I just sold them, I really really liked them. I bought IE8s and even though they cost twice as much as the Turbines they are only about 15-20% better and most of that for me is the HUGE soundstage. I might give the Turbine Pro a try once it is released. The Turbine was my third pair of mid-range IEMS and was definitely the best boom for the buck.

Jun 18, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go with the Turbines. The X10s choke on complex bass and suffer from distortion.

That's not my experience with the X10's at all. I listen to lots of complex bass as well as complex music, and they sound great to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back