Monster turbine opinions?
Apr 17, 2012 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

jetsfool

Head-Fier
are they worth the price? im not getting the pros just the regular ones, there $75 on amazon. are there any other iems that are better for the price? also are they good for hiphop/rap listening?

Apr 17, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 18
Yes they're worth $75. I can't say the bass hits as hard as Monster describes but it's good quality. The housing are pretty heavy, many people have problems with them falling out when on the move, take that into consideration, but sound wise they offer excellent sound for that price. If heavy housings isn't an issue I'd say go for it. I'm not regretting mine.

Apr 17, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 18

Quote:
Yes they're worth $75. I can't say the bass hits as hard as Monster describes but it's good quality. The housing are pretty heavy, many people have problems with them falling out when on the move, take that into consideration, but sound wise they offer excellent sound for that price. If heavy housings isn't an issue I'd say go for it. I'm not regretting mine.

do they fit comfortably for hours of use? 

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 18

Quote:

do they fit comfortably for hours of use? 

That vary's from person to person, also how active you are while wearing them. I've read people being able to use them while working out and others can't move across the room without them falling out. Mine stay pretty well implace for most parts but I use different tips on mine.

Once wearing them they're comfortable.

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #6 of 18
I would say avoid monster turbine if you can. I had a pair of monster turbine and turbine copper. Both bought through amazon. Both earphones start to show aesthetics problem like the earphones housing starts to come off for my turbine copper and the colour of my monster turbine starts to peel off. The problem is I take very good care of the earphones by always keeping them in the pouch when I'm not using but yet I'm experiencing such issues. There's obviously problem with monster's workmanship. If you don't mind looking for another set of earphones in less than 1 year then you can probably buy the turbines, otherwise I advise you to stay away from them. To be honest, the sound coming from turbine is no different from average priced earphones (perhaps half of turbine's price) unless you are using comply foam tips which I was using previously. The turbine coppers are the ones you can significantly hear the difference. But then again the aestetics issue is really a turn off. That's just my personal experience. End of the day it's up to you to judge.

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #7 of 18

Quote:
I would say avoid monster turbine if you can. I had a pair of monster turbine and turbine copper. Both bought through amazon. Both earphones start to show aesthetics problem like the earphones housing starts to come off for my turbine copper and the colour of my monster turbine starts to peel off. The problem is I take very good care of the earphones by always keeping them in the pouch when I'm not using but yet I'm experiencing such issues. There's obviously problem with monster's workmanship. If you don't mind looking for another set of earphones in less than 1 year then you can probably buy the turbines, otherwise I advise you to stay away from them. To be honest, the sound coming from turbine is no different from average priced earphones (perhaps half of turbine's price) unless you are using comply foam tips which I was using previously. The turbine coppers are the ones you can significantly hear the difference. But then again the aestetics issue is really a turn off. That's just my personal experience. End of the day it's up to you to judge

what other iems do you suggest that are half the price and sound the same as the turbines?

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #8 of 18
Im thinkin about buying these this week, but im also open to other suggestions. Again im looking for a earphone that would be good for listening to hip hop/rap with aswell as being comfortable within the price range of $50-$80

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:
I would say avoid monster turbine if you can. I had a pair of monster turbine and turbine copper. Both bought through amazon. Both earphones start to show aesthetics problem like the earphones housing starts to come off for my turbine copper and the colour of my monster turbine starts to peel off. The problem is I take very good care of the earphones by always keeping them in the pouch when I'm not using but yet I'm experiencing such issues. There's obviously problem with monster's workmanship. If you don't mind looking for another set of earphones in less than 1 year then you can probably buy the turbines, otherwise I advise you to stay away from them. To be honest, the sound coming from turbine is no different from average priced earphones (perhaps half of turbine's price) unless you are using comply foam tips which I was using previously. The turbine coppers are the ones you can significantly hear the difference. But then again the aestetics issue is really a turn off. That's just my personal experience. End of the day it's up to you to judge

what other iems do you suggest that are half the price and sound the same as the turbines?

I've switched to CKW1000anv then to Ciems after monster turbine pro. If you are a basshead, I remember my old senheinser CX300 did a better job.

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #15 of 18

Quote:
I've had Turbines, Klipsh S4s, and Shure SE215s and the Turbines were by far my favorite. I'd go with them if I was you. 

Interesting...I've had the same 3 and while I believe the 215s and the Turbines are WAY better than the S4s in pretty much every category, I find the 215s and Turbines sound nearly identical.  The 215s have much better isolation.  Given my troubles with the 215s I'm using my Turbines since they're equal in every other way as far as I could tell.  Why do you like the Turbines so much more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back