Monster Turbine, no highs in one channel.
Feb 15, 2013 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

racer_x124

100+ Head-Fier
Yesterday the highs in my right channel went out, I have tried wiggling the cable in all kinds of ways and it makes no difference. I did a quick google and came up dry. I still have the warranty but I would like to put off using it as long as possible.

So what I'd like to know is is this a common problem? How can a crack the case on these and have a look inside?

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 3
Can you see debris inside?  If you wiggle the jack or where the wire terminates to the faulty earpiece does the problem go away momentarily?

Feb 15, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #3 of 3
The mesh is too dense to really see anything inside, also no luck on wiggling the jack.

Edit: Pulled the mesh off with a hobby blade. There appears to be a ton of ear wax (or glue?) on the backside. Listening without the mesh on brings up the mids like crazy. Should I clean it off? These will be 3 years old in May, probably 6-7hours a day every day since I got them.

Edit 2: pulled off the other channel mesh as well. It is a completely different color.

Trouble mesh on the left

It should be noted that 90% of the time I only have that channel in my ear since I am at work and need an ear out.

Last edit: Swapped the filters and that is the problem. Can I get replacements somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back