Monster Turbine Gold
Apr 3, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 11
They will improve but it's depend on the DAPs like with D2+ don't need AMPs help to get more volume.

Apr 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #5 of 11
I just want to know why Monster 'phones are so popular these days. Did listen to the original Turbine, sounds 'acceptable', or, 'inoffensive'. I believe that for this kind of money, you're better off with Shure.

Apr 3, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #6 of 11
Does a Sansa Fuze need or would benefit from an amp? I have a Sansa Fuze with Klipsch S4's

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want to know why Monster 'phones are so popular these days. Did listen to the original Turbine, sounds 'acceptable', or, 'inoffensive'. I believe that for this kind of money, you're better off with Shure.

Listen to the Pro line and you will know why. There isn't a Shure IEM out there I would spend a dime on. I know I'm a minority on that though.

No, the Pro Golds don't need an amp but will sound even better w/ more power. Put it this way, Golds on an iPod nano w/ max volume is the max volume i would ever want to listen w/ an IEM.

Apr 5, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Depends on what you like. If you're a Turbine fan, than the Pros are a definite upgrade, and they wouldn't consider Shures anyway. I've heard that the Miles Davis Tributes and the Coppers have a flat frequency response like the Shures. The Golds most certainly do not.

May 15, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #9 of 11

Quote:

Different tastes. Personally I thought Shures sounded awful for the price and you're better off with Monster.

Oct 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #10 of 11
How does the Gold compare to the Gratitude? Does anybody own both? Also, I hear that the Gold's have plenty of bass... I used to own beats tour ( wasn't happy with the mids & highs), so I got rid of the tours. How does the Golds compare to the Tour??

May 18, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #11 of 11
The turbine golds are really beautiful! I bought them about an year ago from best buy for about $230 on sale. The sound is ultra smooth and detailed but hardly analytical. But I only heard them through an iphone so...does anybody know what they sound like with a good source/amp/DAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back