Monster Turbine cost 251$
Apr 30, 2010 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

hertzamplifier

Head-Fier
I just went to the apple store today at my place.And I saw Monster Turbine sell there which cost 251$!!!..When compared to the online price@Amazon, it only cost 180$.With this price I could buy Monster Copper Pro Gold if I shop online.Well,not only Monster Copper that are overprice here,other headphone/earphone brand also overprice like the Bose,LG,Sennheiser and other brand which I don't remember.Last time I bought my Sennheiser hd 238 and cx 550 for 125.5$ and 157$.....

Its like so ***
angry_face.gif
...You guys who live in western are lucky to have this stuff not as expensive as here.

Apr 30, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #3 of 25
Hertz, where do you live? In Korea, there is no Apple Store, nearly every foreign product is marked up arbitrarily from 30-70%, sometimes more, and domestic products are given the 'Korean tax': replace metal with plastic, filtered water for unfiltered, and then marked up.

I'd be happy to not have to drink the piss from a Samsung/Rep of Korea president every day, but my tap feeds straight into his urinal - there simply is no other way.

Apr 30, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 25
Same in my country, they sell it for almost 260 USD! and they sell the Beats by Dr.Dre Studio for 500 USD!! The weird thing is that they sell the AKG earphones really cheap, and the Etymotic hf5 is only 100USD.

Apr 30, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hertz, where do you live? In Korea, there is no Apple Store, nearly every foreign product is marked up arbitrarily from 30-70%, sometimes more, and domestic products are given the 'Korean tax': replace metal with plastic, filtered water for unfiltered, and then marked up.

I'd be happy to not have to drink the piss from a Samsung/Rep of Korea president every day, but my tap feeds straight into his urinal - there simply is no other way.

I live in Malaysia.Its an apple store indeed but they also sell other brand stuff.Its very annoying when the product can dramatically increase in price when arrive here.

I wish I can buy things through amazon but I didn't have credit card nor paypal since I'm just a student@19 years old.
However,all the stuff sell at this store are 100% ORIGINAl@OEM.

This is my picture of my cx 550 packaging:
Imageshack - dscf0649w.jpg - Uploaded by hertzamplifier
Imageshack - dscf0641qj.jpg - Uploaded by hertzamplifier

and my hd238 packaging:
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8417/dscf0653s.jpg
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1777/dscf0653k.jpg

sorry for the not so good quality.

for more information go to:
Complete Mac Apple Malaysia Experience | Machines
in case you doubt about the store whether it sell original stuff or the artificial one.

But I'm sure they sell original stuff.

Apr 30, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by yliu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same in my country, they sell it for almost 260 USD! and they sell the Beats by Dr.Dre Studio for 500 USD!! The weird thing is that they sell the AKG earphones really cheap, and the Etymotic hf5 is only 100USD.

Lol.Nice.Why don't you take the opportunity to try the hf5?
btw,where do you live?

Apr 30, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by hertzamplifier /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought the hf5, and they are very good, except they lack in bass, adn i am a huge basshead so I'm searching for an earphone with nice bass, and descent mids and highs. My first thought was the Monster Turbines, but after seeing the price, I was like ***!? So I am still searching for a pair of earphones that fits my tastes.

Apr 30, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by hertzamplifier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw,where do you live?

I live in Hungary, it's a tiny little country in the middle of europe. Everything is super expensive here
frown.gif

Except AKGs, probably because AKG is an Austrian brand, and Austria is right next to Hungary.

Apr 30, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

I live in Hungary, it's a tiny little country in the middle of europe. Everything is super expensive here
frown.gif

Except AKGs, probably because AKG is an Austrian brand, and Austria is right next to Hungary.

Haha.Same as here.Did you ever heard about "Edifier" brand.They mainly manufacture subwoofer+speaker and they're quite cheap here and they are bunch of it whereas in the western they're quite hard to find.

Their quality also better(some of the models) than the Logitech one.I watch from You Tube user review about edifier vs logitech(specific models).

Apr 30, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

I bought the hf5, and they are very good, except they lack in bass, adn i am a huge basshead so I'm searching for an earphone with nice bass, and descent mids and highs. My first thought was the Monster Turbines, but after seeing the price, I was like What!? So I am still searching for a pair of earphones that fits my tastes.

Why don't you try the Sennheiser cx 300?
I read a lot of review that they have a good bass as well as good high and mid.

May 1, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #12 of 25
you could use usa package forwarding to buy things from the US and send them to malaysia. Jaben malaysia opened so you should check jaben out too.

May 1, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you could use usa package forwarding to buy things from the US and send them to malaysia. Jaben malaysia opened so you should check jaben out too.

Yeah nice WHOOHOO!!.Now i can buy audiophile earphone with CHEAP prices.
Thanks.How did you know bout' jaben?

May 1, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #14 of 25
^Jaben's main store is in Singapore, so yea i used to go there. They opened up other stores in malaysia, indonesia and even in china.

heres the website, browse around and u might find the address, i think its in selangor.
Jaben Network

May 1, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^Jaben's main store is in Singapore, so yea i used to go there. They opened up other stores in malaysia, indonesia and even in china.

heres the website, browse around and u might find the address, i think its in selangor.
Jaben Network

Yeah,it is in subang jaya,selangor and fortunately I live in selangor at this time.I will find the place later.Thanks for the information.

BTW,where do you live?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back