Monster Turbine Challenge - Reviewers Wanted!
Apr 6, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #181 of 243
I was going to get a pair of Turbines a long while back, but wasn't totally sure if I should or not so I opted out. I would love to try a pair of Monsters and see how they sound. Could be fun!

I listen to a lot hard rock and metal, but also jazz, blues, EDM, and even dome classical here and there.

Apr 6, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #182 of 243
I would very much enjoy listening to them. I run my music out of my zune hd, my iPhone 4, and my computer (toshiba satellite). I listen to rock, rap, techno, dubstep, trance, metal, alternative, just about everything except classical. would prefer the golds over the coppers, but I'd much rather take the copper over nothing. My current headphones are Beyerdynamic DT770 32ohm, Fischer Audio DBA 02, Klipsch Image S4, Sennheiser CX150.

Apr 6, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #183 of 243
I'd really like to see how these sound. Monster has been getting a lot of attention for these. I wasn't happy with the Dre Beats (buds) even though I listen to a wide variety of music and love bass. I'd love to audition a pair of turbines, especially for the price! I do like their power and interconnects 

Apr 6, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #184 of 243
I'd love to have a go, I currently listen to most of my music through my iPod Classic with a LOD and amp with Triple Fi 10 or ATH-M50. Never owned anything by Monster so it would be interesting to give these a try and I listen to a wide range of music from Trance to Soundtracks to Folk to Metal. Would be nice to give them a thorough testing on all genres.

Apr 6, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #185 of 243
I have never owned a monster headphone. I am interested in reviewing a pair of either, although I think I would prefer the coppers.  I have a selection of source but primarily use my fuze and clip, through a PA2V2 portable amp.   I have other amps as well.  My musical preferences are Classical, Jazz,  Proggresive rock, rock, folk, acoustic, some electronic.

Apr 6, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #186 of 243
Sweet! I've heard the original Turbine's, great set. Can only imagine how great the Copper's and Gold's are, even just based on reviews

I currently use my iPod Touch with a Zigis Labs cmoy amp on my Sony MDR-XB500's, an sometimes my Klipsch Image S2M

I listen mostly to classic rock (I have some exelent live Kiss recordings), some more modern rock, little electronic, and a lot of alternative (Indie and not so much)

Apr 6, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #187 of 243
I own a regular (original) Turbine and have been wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to a newer model. My reference IEMs are the Triple.Fi 10.  i listen to EDM, rock, jazz, and old honky-tonk country.  current setup is macbookpro/mac pro (tower)/gemini turntable - HiFiMAN EF2A (with mullard tubes) - grado i80/Triple.Fi10/sennheiser PX-100 and 580 (recabled).  i just stumbled upon this site and this is my first post here so cheers everybody!!

L3000.gif

Apr 6, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #188 of 243
As an owner of a handful of dynamic drivers including the atrio and ie8 ive always wanted to get my hands on the copper to hear how it compares to my other dynamics and also its treble clarity which i find unapproachable compared to TF10s and would love to hear if the coppers have what it takes to change my mind so sign me up :)

Current rig is ipod touch4->fiio l1->Headstage arrow-> tf10/ie8 depending on genre and all in 320 ftw :)

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #189 of 243
I would definitly like to listen and have a chance to review some Monster Gold's . I used to own the turbines untill I upgraded to the Monster Coppers which I am listening to as I am writing this post . The Coppers are the only phones I own right now because I liked them so much that I quit listening to all my other phones so I sold all of them . I have been wanting to listen to the Gold's for some time as a change of pace . Something with more bass for times that I want to have that extra omph for alot of my rock recordings . The majority of my recordings are in WAV and some are in FLAC . I listen to alot of rock , R&B , vocals , jazz , blues and some country from just about all time periods . I don't post here on HeadFi much but I regularly read alot of the post's here just about everyday , so I believe I know what alot of the people here on this forum are thinking when it comes to headphones and related matters . Thanks for tackiing the time to read this reply .

Apr 6, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #190 of 243
I'd be interested! :D
I don't have an amazing setup.  I own a JVC DX-3 using a creative x-fi usb soundcard on laptop and a pair of Fischer Audio eternas v2.
I mainly listen to pop, hip hop, folk, rock, alternative rock, a little bit of jazz and techno.

Apr 6, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #191 of 243
I currently own the Monster Miles Davis and am very happy with them. I am looking to try out the Monster Pro Coppers in order to know if the larger/different soundstage and the treble emphasis will suit my preference. I listen to a lot of Metal such as power metal, black metal, progressive metal, folk metal, and melodic death metal. I am also a big electronic dance music fan and listen to a lot of electro, drum 'n' bass, trance, and some dubstep if I'm in the mood. My current listening setup is my iPod>iBasso D4>Monster Miles Davis. 

Apr 6, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #192 of 243
Interested.

I have not heard or owned any Monster earphones.

I listen to Westone UM2 with my iPhone 4 while walking or working out and in between meetings. I also use them out of a RSA Predator at hone along with Beyerdynamic DT 990 and Sony MDR 7506.

Apr 6, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #193 of 243
i currently own a pair of the regular turbines, i listen to my ipod touch 2g with songs of 320 kbps. i listen to rap, classical, a bunch of music really, and more recently i have been listening to audio books.

i am just a lowly college student, and as my first post, i believe the likeliness that i will be picked will be ~0 haha, but might as well try!

Apr 6, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #194 of 243
i currently own a pair of the regular turbines, i listen to my ipod touch 2g with songs of 320 kbps. i listen to rap, classical, a bunch of music really, and more recently i have been listening to audio books.

i am just a lowly college student, and as my first post, i believe the likeliness that i will be picked will be ~0 haha, but might as well try!

Apr 6, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #195 of 243

Users who are viewing this thread

Back