Monster Turbine Broken
Jun 26, 2011 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

lol74

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I received a pair of Monster Turbine IEM's during the Christmas of 2009, after about 2 years gentle use, the sound in my right bud almost cut out completely while I was listening to them today. Anybody know what might have caused this, and how I might be able to fix it. And if that's not possible, then do you know if the warranty still covers the product, I've lost most of the original stuff it came with save the case and some of the eartips.

Jun 26, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 17
If the problem is in the plug (can sometimes be "diagnosed" by playing with the cable at the plug), you can re-terminate the plug.
If the problem is in the Y-split (again, try playing with the cable there), you may be able to fix it but I do not know how.
If the problem is in the housing (can be diagnosed if both of the above tests come back negative) yeeeeah. If you can pull the housing open then you can re-cable the entire thing. If not, your Turbines have decided to retire. And no, that warranty is 1-year (someone below, please correct me if I am in tort). Sorry.

Jun 26, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #3 of 17
Call them, tell them you purchased from the outlet store recently(make up a recent date, like 6 months ago) but don't have order number. They will tell you that they will provide a "one time courtesy" replacement and you send it back to them. 

They don't keep track how many times you RMA.

Jun 27, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #6 of 17
Does anyone know the process of the Monster Lifetime Warranty? Does it require proof of purchase? What if I'm buying them second hand, is there a way to still return them? Thanks!

Dec 27, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #10 of 17
I hope I don't get in trouble for bumping a half a year old thread, but my replacement pair of Copper's have just stopped working(left speaker giving out) and I need to know something. I think someone threw away the slip carton that goes on top of the box for the stuff. Do you guys know if I can still get my return even though I am mixing the part with the serial number and all of that? I have my receipt(bought on amazon) and everything else. And I've been on hold with Monster for a long time now.

If they don't replace my headphones, this will probably be the last Monster product I buy. As if two pairs breaking within 5 months wasn't enough. Glad they have a lifetime warranty. They must know how shaky their material is.

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:
I hope I don't get in trouble for bumping a half a year old thread, but my replacement pair of Copper's have just stopped working(left speaker giving out) and I need to know something. I think someone threw away the slip carton that goes on top of the box for the stuff. Do you guys know if I can still get my return even though I am mixing the part with the serial number and all of that? I have my receipt(bought on amazon) and everything else. And I've been on hold with Monster for a long time now.

If they don't replace my headphones, this will probably be the last Monster product I buy. As if two pairs breaking within 5 months wasn't enough. Glad they have a lifetime warranty. They must know how shaky their material is.

Call up Monster and tell us what happens...

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #12 of 17
So I finally got around to contacting Monster after two of my emails never reached them. I was on hold for almost an hour. And then I sent them my attachment about 5 times and they couldn't receive it. I finally print screened it and what do they ask for next? My slip case number. I told them I don't have it and they haven't got back to me. I don't plan on ever buying another Monster product again after these. Can anyone recommend me some other IEM's in the $200-$350 range?

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #13 of 17

Quote:
So I finally got around to contacting Monster after two of my emails never reached them. I was on hold for almost an hour. And then I sent them my attachment about 5 times and they couldn't receive it. I finally print screened it and what do they ask for next? My slip case number. I told them I don't have it and they haven't got back to me. I don't plan on ever buying another Monster product again after these. Can anyone recommend me some other IEM's in the $200-$350 range?

IE8s are around there, I've seen them used around $300.

May 11, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #15 of 17
I had the same problem with my turbines, and I just a couple hours ago bought a gold "EZ" jack from Radio Shack.  The jack is constructed in such a way so that you can screw the wires on instead of soldering them, but I'm confused about something.  The Turbine cord seems to have four smaller wires within- a red wire for the right ear, a blueish greenish wire for the left, and two copper wires, presumably for ground.  However, there are only three slots for wires in the plug.  When I arrange them according to the instructions online and just leave on of the copper cords unattatched the sound is normal in my right ear and mono in my left.  I have tried other permutations of cord attatchments and they all either focus the sound in one ear and make the other mono of make only one ear work or just don't work at all.  Even putting both the copper wires on the ground slot doesn't fix the problem.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back