Monster Studiolink 500's
Sep 22, 2003 at 8:20 AM Post #16 of 25
EQ and Cardas cables sound like good options... The only thing is that either the cables and amp have burnt in and the mids have come forward some or I'm getting used to the sound cuz it doesn't seem so bad any more... only very slightly recessed mids and the 590's are known for that anyway... the other cans are fine (if anything the recessed mids probably help the PX200's which really come alive with my current set up). I suppose I could really use an EQ anyway and I really should try another set of cables since I'd really like to know how much differance there is anyway...
very_evil_smiley.gif
MY POOR WALLET IS GOING TO KILL ME!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 25, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #20 of 25
I haven't really listened to many EQ's so I don't have an opinion.
(maybe I should change my name to "Evil person"
evil_smiley.gif
)

(maybe a topic for a new thread "looking for an EQ that doesn't suck"?)

Sep 26, 2003 at 2:36 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
Personally, I like Monster's video cables and dislike their audio interconnects.

I'd agree with this also.

Most of my HT system is cabled with Monster SCARTS and for my part i've been very pleased with the results that i've received.

I must admit though, I work a large electrical retailer in the UK who are a distributor for Monster products so I got a nice diso**** on them hence why I opted for monster but all the same they have served me well to date.

Regarding the Monster range of Audio interconnects, I've found that they are pretty much average. For a beginner they provide a good step up from the freebie ones supplied in the box. My first set of decent cables were Interlink 100s that I got about 7-8 years ago. I still have them lying around for occasional use if i'm messing with a project.

I've got a Lightspeed 200 TosLink cable that is ok I suppose (definitely better than the freebie ones supplied with kit) but it does cause me some problems with intermittent connections on occasions.

There are a lot of knockers out there who who hate Monster just because. I suppose we all like to hate the big guys who corner the market with advertising and schpiel rather than on their own merit of good performing products. Sure, there are much better audio bargains to be had for those of use who like to shop around. For the average Joe, the Monster cables provide a decent step up from the freebie cables and often provide a first tast of better things to come. And that can't be a a totally bad thing can it now?

Personally, I think that anything that brings new listeners to the fold and increased peoples listening and viewing enjoyment should be embraced.

Oct 2, 2003 at 5:12 PM Post #22 of 25
What I find really funny is that even though you're all bashing Monster Cables, and I don't doubt you guys are right, there are a lot of respected names in speakers that are using monster cable to wire the internals like Klipsch.

Oct 3, 2003 at 11:54 PM Post #25 of 25
There's nothing wrong with Monster cable. Their stuff is great as far as mass-market stuff goes. I'm sure they work deals with speaker companies and recording studios through their robust marketing arm.

I just feel that there are better performing audio interconnects at the same consumer price points.

Like I said earlier, I dig their video interconnects but I don’t care for their audio interconnects.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back