Monster Power HTS1000 vs 1100
Nov 19, 2002 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ServinginEcuador

Founder of the Head-Fi Pay-to-Post Program.
Can anyone tell me if the newer HTS1100 is worth an extra $50 when compared to the older 1000? IOW, what new/improved features make it worth the extra $50??

Also, if anyone can suggest a viable alternative to the Monster Power that is in the same price range of $100-200!!!! It would have to have filtering/conditioning capabilities also. I don't need advice about stuff costing much more than the 1100!!!! I want to keep the spending to a minimum, but am willing to pay up to the $200 I was willing to spend on the 1100. OBTW, wieght IS a factor, so the Cyber Power units are out of teh question as this stuff has to go in a suitcase and be taken to Ecuador in a couple of months!

Thanks in advance guys!!!

Nov 19, 2002 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 8
Go for the 1100. It is completely redesigned. My neighbor has a 1000, I have a 1100... huge difference. 1100 is the best choice by far in that price range.

Nov 19, 2002 at 6:19 AM Post #3 of 8
Thanks a lot for the info Jon!!!! I didn't know they had raise the price that much, and when I went to buy it at Good Guys my wife and I both balked at the new price. At least I hve a better idea about the power filtering and can make a better decision. I will probably need more filtering ability once I get to Ecuador again, so making sure it does more for the extra money makes it easier to justify paying it!!!

Thanks again Jon!!!!

Nov 19, 2002 at 3:11 PM Post #4 of 8
Hey, no problem. Search for the best price on shop.yahoo.com . I got mine for around $150 shipped.

BTW, it's inspiring that you're serving in Ecuador.

Nov 19, 2002 at 11:40 PM Post #6 of 8
All the crazy new power strips with the extra 100 tagged on are completely redesigned and are, therefore, significantly different products from their predecessors. Go for the new stuff!

Nov 20, 2002 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by antness
How about 2500 vs. 2600?

The uaual argument falls into place here: too big, too expensive, too heavy!! All this stuff gets packed up in suitcases, and the new gigantic 2600 mammoth is like 3ft long!!!! I mean, wow that thing is just huge!!!

Thanks again Joe!! I'll do a search at Yahoo! and see how cheap I can get one for now that I've decided to go with one!! I heard from the salesman that the new 100 series stuff was redisigned, but i take that with a ound of salt!!!

Nov 20, 2002 at 4:23 AM Post #8 of 8
You can also check out a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet. They are made in a 15 volt and also 20 volt high current version. You can usually find them used on Audiogon in the $225-$250 range for the 15 volt version. These only have 2 outlets though, but this is enough for a heaphone set-up. I've been using a 15 volt version for around 8 months and am really happy with it. I've noticed a much quieter soundstage and also tighter bass. I guess your results would depend on how clean your power is. You can look on PS Audio's website for more info on the technology they use - supposedly pretty simple, based on a ballun. They also provide some protection from power spikes (but probably not nearly as good protection as the Brickwall surge supressor).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back