Monster Miles Davis "Trumpets" anyone...?
Mar 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ttttpp

New Head-Fier
Been looking to buy a decent IEM for my iphone for a while now, the Trumpets seem to my current No.1 in terms of SQ, build quality, appearance and has an in-line mic. Are they any good?
Just curious why there aren't many threads about these, let alone the reviews. Whereas the tributes have more than 100 pages on its [size=12.0pt]appreciation thread, which the trumpets don't even have one...[/size]
I was told the trumpets were supposed to be in league if not better than the tributes right?

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #2 of 9
i ordered a pair when amazon was having their lightning sale last week. suppose to get it today. will try to post an initial impression once i receive them. i was also curious as to why there is limited info on these headphones.

Mar 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #3 of 9
i ordered a pair when amazon was having their lightning sale last week. suppose to get it today. will try to post an initial impression once i receive them. i was also curious as to why there is limited info on these headphones.

Most people are hesitant to spend $300-400 on IEMS, let alone IEMs from a Monster, a company with a notorious reputation to audiophiles.

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
Most people are hesitant to spend $300-400 on IEMS, let alone IEMs from a Monster, a company with a notorious reputation to audiophiles.

Actually, the Monster Turbine line is generally pretty liked here in Head-Fi

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
This is one of the few Trumpet reviews I've found. There is also a review of the Tribute on the site but no direct comparison. 

That review makes it sound exactly how I feel my Yamahas EPH-100 sound. I wonder if they are using similar drivers? The only difference is that the Yamahas offer some of the best isolation I have found. Perhaps due to the dual flange eartips.

Mar 14, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #8 of 9
My original monster miles davis headphones just had a left driver problem (sound was at like 50%) and monster is replacing them with the trumpets, which should be comparable i hope...

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #9 of 9
Let me start by letting you know that I'm a noob in this audiophile world.

This is what I got.
Bass --  Monster claimed that these have less bass than their tubines. Then if this is the case, the turbines are not for me. It certainly is there, I'd say plenty. Any more would be what I call "stupid". The bass seems to be clear, punchy and also deep, nothing muddy, or "dry". I don't hear anything missing.

Mids -- This is the hard part for me to explain. I doesn't seem to be colored. My Audio-Technica has mids that kinda seems louder than other regions. These aren't. There's nothing that I can detect that would be negative. I hear everything like I'm supposed to, so nothing sticks out here.

Highs -- If i go back and forth with AKG 701, the 701 seems a little more thinner, and extra analytical. With the trumpet, I can detect the little details, clearly,  but it's a little "smoother". I guess I  want to say that 701s are thinner and drier. Trumpet is on smooth side. Both have clarity and detail.

I really get a good seal. So good that when I walk, my footsteps are thumping in my ears. Yes, they are comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back