Monster Line Conditioners
Dec 7, 2005 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DAYTA

New Head-Fier
I'm not sure where to post this, but I figured this would be the best place to do it.

I'm considering purchasing a Monster Powercenter (specifically the HTS3600 MKII) and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this unit, or any other line conditioners for that matter. I've heard they clean up the signal, but I want to figure out whether or not the cost is worth the benefit. I should note that I live in a house (not an apt) with minimal appliance use, and NO dedicated internal power line to my setup. Am I actually improving the performance of my equipment, or am I simply buying a glorified surge protector???

Dec 7, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #2 of 4
For future reference, this thread would go into the Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum).

I use a PC1000 MonsterPower conditioner, and it's great. It's silent (unlike my old ONEAC power conditioner), it's cool (unlike the ONEAC that had a toroidal transformer) and I've been using it with full confidence for over a year with no mishaps, including at meets where it was stuffed to the brim with tons of gear. Basically everything I have is plugged into that thing and I hear no problems at all sonically with it - clean as a whistle!

Dec 8, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 4
I've been using the same as Jahn for a long time now (first heard about it here). It seems fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back