Monster Lifetime Warrany - Just how good?
Dec 27, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #19 of 27
Well, if you order from Monster, then you won't have that.
If you buy in-store from FutureStop or WorstBuy, you can buy the optional 2-year Product Service Plan, which is an additional warranty granted by the retailer over the Monster warranty. I don't know WorstBuys in the US, but FutureStop in Canada gives you three (3) replacements (no matter how you broke them) within the two years. Peace of mind.
Although Uncle Erik says the Plan is the biggest rip-off in retail history, period. So that.

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #20 of 27

Quote:
Well, if you order from Monster, then you won't have that.
If you buy in-store from FutureStop or WorstBuy, you can buy the optional 2-year Product Service Plan, which is an additional warranty granted by the retailer over the Monster warranty. I don't know WorstBuys in the US, but FutureStop in Canada gives you three (3) replacements (no matter how you broke them) within the two years. Peace of mind.
Although Uncle Erik says the Plan is the biggest rip-off in retail history, period. So that.

lots of stories of people having to jump hoops and pits of fire, those lawyers thought of everything

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #21 of 27
I think this lifetime warranty is when the model still in sell, when it discontinue that mean warranty also gone. I buy a leaser mouse with lifetime warranty before, after few years when I want to claim warranty, manufactura told me the model is discontinue so no more warranty cause they don't have that model to replace for me.
mad.gif

Dec 28, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #22 of 27
so if wires have a small slit that exposes (only a little) does that count as manufacturer defect? like the old shure cable problem.. like sometimes u go outside and after awhile the cable stiffen and crack

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #23 of 27

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I called Monster on this very issue directly the other day. Thinking I found the ultimate lifetime set. Not so. Monster says multiple replacement for two years manufacturing defects. 1 time your fault so in my case it would extend the warranty slightly depending on cables/usage. That ultimately is why I went another route. I still may pick a set anyhow at some point, but they're not much better than Westone/Shure/ and others in length.

No, a lifetime warranty is not a 2 year warranty, it is a lifetime warranty.
It's only for monster turbine pro gold/copper/Miles Davis, the base level turbines have a different warranty.

I agree, that's what I would also think . I called specifically about the coppers. That's what the agent told me,  'lifetime' is two years, lifetime for the accidental one time damage. Perhaps they were confused?

The agent is a tard.  It happens.

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #24 of 27

Quote:
I think this lifetime warranty is when the model still in sell, when it discontinue that mean warranty also gone. I buy a leaser mouse with lifetime warranty before, after few years when I want to claim warranty, manufactura told me the model is discontinue so no more warranty cause they don't have that model to replace for me.
mad.gif

Usually a reputable company gives you a like replacement of a current model.

Quote:
so if wires have a small slit that exposes (only a little) does that count as manufacturer defect? like the old shure cable problem.. like sometimes u go outside and after awhile the cable stiffen and crack

Man Defect.  Like the Shures.

Dec 28, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #25 of 27
Isn't it kind of up to them to decide whether it's a manufacturing defect or "your fault" though?  That could seriously limit the lifetime warranty if they decide that it's your fault.  So it's not quite as good as Koss' "no questions asked" warranty (which really is no questions asked).

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #26 of 27

Quote:
Isn't it kind of up to them to decide whether it's a manufacturing defect or "your fault" though?  That could seriously limit the lifetime warranty if they decide that it's your fault.  So it's not quite as good as Koss' "no questions asked" warranty (which really is no questions asked).

Balance your equation, man: Among the huge arsenal of Koss phones, how many are considered "good"?

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #27 of 27

Quote:
Quote:
mad.gif

Usually a reputable company gives you a like replacement of a current model.

Quote:

Man Defect.  Like the Shures.

the warranty booklet states that when the product is discontinued, they will replace your original with the current product of equal or greater value

Users who are viewing this thread

Back