Monster Jamz and Turbines?
Jul 7, 2011 at 1:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Groznyjgrad

New Head-Fier
Please keep all unbiased Monster hate out of this thread. I can get the Monster Jamz for $40, or the Turbines for $50, and I have a few questions.

1. Are the Turbines worth the ten dollars over the Jamz? I heard that the Jamz fit better and have a better cable, but the Turbine seems to sound better.

2. Would these be an upgrade from my current Shure E2C's?

3. Is $40-50 a justified price for these headphones, or would that money be better spent on something like more music (yes, I actually buy my music) or a portable amp to go with my DAP and E2C's?

Thanks!

Jul 7, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #2 of 12
Both are far superior to the Shure E2c. I own both and I prefer the Turbine (which I purchased refurbished from Monster last December) and think they are worth the $10 price differential. I have had no issue with the cable on either but I have only recently acquired the Jamz and I use the Turbine a few times a week. In my opinion, the upgrade in quality over the E2C would be your best option for improving your enjoyment of music. Plan on spending a little more for some decent tips such as Sony Hybrids as the included tips make it quite difficult to achieve a decent seal. Your E2c tips may fit your new phones.

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #4 of 12
It's hard for me to comment on the soundstage of most IEMs. It is just so subjective and the recording seems to make a huge difference. Have you checked our the lJokerl massive IEM comparison thread? I recommend you read through it as it provides a great deal of information and maybe some different choices. As for me, I really like the warm Turbine sound signature and it competes with my TF10 as my favorite IEM.

Mar 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
It's hard for me to comment on the soundstage of most IEMs. It is just so subjective and the recording seems to make a huge difference. Have you checked our the lJokerl massive IEM comparison thread? I recommend you read through it as it provides a great deal of information and maybe some different choices. As for me, I really like the warm Turbine sound signature and it competes with my TF10 as my favorite IEM.

Hey, which has more bass, the turbine or the Jamz? Do you still think the turbines are better?

Mar 18, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #6 of 12
I have recently been listening to both the Jamz and the Turbine quite a bit lately. I still think the Turbine is worth the difference especially if you can get the refurb from Monster for only $10 difference. Both have a decent amount of bass but the Turbine also wins the bass category.

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
I have recently been listening to both the Jamz and the Turbine quite a bit lately. I still think the Turbine is worth the difference especially if you can get the refurb from Monster for only $10 difference. Both have a decent amount of bass but the Turbine also wins the bass category.

Thanks for your reply! I wanted to order the Turbines at the outlet, but it's gone. Sold out. Is it worth the 40 dollar difference (40 for outlet-jamz, 80 for amazon turbines?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back