MONSTER Inspiration
Dec 30, 2012 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Geek123

New Head-Fier
Guys can anyone give me any feedback about this pair?

Are they worth it? Does it have a good sound?

http://www.amazon.com/Monster%C2%AE-Inspiration-Canceling-Headphones-Titanium/dp/B005LAIEN4

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 21
Depends on what your looking for from a headphone. Your going to have to be more specific.

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:
I am looking for great noise cancellation, good bass and portability

And what types of music will you be listening to with these? What devices will you be listening from?

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #6 of 21
The NC itself isn't great. The headphones themselves are fairly decent and reasonable all rounder, but imo slightly overpriced. I don't think the bass is strong enough for bassheads, although the bass is quite tight and controlled. I think a good amount of the money you pay goes towards looks and build quality since they look sharp and feel very solid.

Mids felt somewhat veiled to me.

I think the Diamond Tears are the best sounding and best value of the new Monster line-up.

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:
The NC itself isn't great. The headphones themselves are fairly decent and reasonable all rounder, but imo slightly overpriced. I don't think the bass is strong enough for bassheads, although the bass is quite tight and controlled. I think a good amount of the money you pay goes towards looks and build quality since they look sharp and feel very solid.

Mids felt somewhat veiled to me.

I think the Diamond Tears are the best sounding and best value of the new Monster line-up.

Wow i did not see that pair, I might have a look at that one.

Ty

Edit:

No isolation

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #8 of 21
I'm suprised there aint much talk about these. I went into BB last night and they were out on display. The moment I looked at them, I was amazed. It's quite heavy (seems like good materials), the pads are soft, the headband adjust smoothly and the most amazing thing is that the moment I put them on, it blocked a mighty amount of noise (considering how loud the store is with voices & music being played on speakers). Of all those headphones out on display, these blocked out the noise the best,

The sound, I cant say much about it. It's plugged into their own music source.

Anyway know anything about the sound of these headphones?

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:
I'm suprised there aint much talk about these. I went into BB last night and they were out on display. The moment I looked at them, I was amazed. It's quite heavy (seems like good materials), the pads are soft, the headband adjust smoothly and the most amazing thing is that the moment I put them on, it blocked a mighty amount of noise (considering how loud the store is with voices & music being played on speakers). Of all those headphones out on display, these blocked out the noise the best,

The sound, I cant say much about it. It's plugged into their own music source.

Anyway know anything about the sound of these headphones?

Decent bass, slightly recessed mids, good highs. Rather veiled details. Good value if you can get a 30% discount from RRP. Tends to sell for the perfectly reasonable price of £149 here in the UK while the RRP is £249.

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:
Decent bass, slightly recessed mids, good highs. Rather veiled details. Good value if you can get a 30% discount from RRP. Tends to sell for the perfectly reasonable price of £149 here in the UK while the RRP is £249.

Thanks for the reply

I havent kept my eyes out on these but they seem to selling for full retail now $299.95. Maybe if the price comes down sometime, I will try to get it.
Now that you mentioned veiled details, I guess I can cancel them from my list for now.

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #11 of 21
I got a pair. Boxing week sale plus employee discount. I got it for about 150 before tax. Was an excellent deal.
For 150 (even 180) before tax its a great deal. I paired it with my Cowon J3 and custom EQ settings. Sounds great all around but sometimes I feel that the bass is too strong, or maybe its the active noice cancelling that bothers my ears. Either way its that one thing that bothers me. I may be a special case due to my tympanoplasty.

Bass is great, very tight and defined.
Mids sound really good as well.
The highs seem like they could be done better, in defence of the headphones, the songs that have extreme highs are korean signers that sing very high notes naturally.

For 300 I don't think its worth it, there are some that do a lot better that sacrifice looks.
The noise cancelling is really good on it, however don't expect it to block out everything.

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #12 of 21
They look good and sound good even with the noise cancelling turned off. They do end up feeling a little heavy after a while (couple of hours). I found the bass was quite present but not well defined when compared to Polk Audio UltraFocus 8000s. The noise cancelling is ok but probably not as good as Bose.
I prefer the sound of the Polk Audio and they seem to sit on the head better, but the Monsters sound very good and look better if you are walking around. I've used the Polks on a flight and they did a fair job and I think the noise cancelling of the Monsters seems to be on the same level.

Apr 8, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #15 of 21
The main problem with this kind of headphones is the price-performance ratio. They are crazy overpriced in europe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back