Monster inspiration or vmoda crossfade LP
Mar 18, 2014 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

wladyq

New Head-Fier
Hello!
I just got this week a pair of monster inspiration over the ear headphones.
I like the sound quality and material quality even more but they are soo heavy and press very hard on my ears, is kind a hard to listen for more than an hour straight.
So now I'm looking for something else and I'm thinking about vmoda crossfade LP.
I'm afraid they will be the same I don't want to get disappointed second time.
Can anyone give me an advise, or maybe other ideas of good headphones in the price range.
Thank you!!

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 12
Honestly i feel like the inspiration are better sounding than the crossfade LP.

How much money are you willing to put out?

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 12
What kind of music do you like to listen to?

How do you like the sound signature of the inspiration?

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 12
I listen different kinds of music from symphony to dubstep :)
The inspiration sound very nice, they are very balanced, none of the frequencies is overwhelming.., the only problem is the comfort ..

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #6 of 12
Symphony and LP... Not a good mix. 
ATH M50X is more versatile and generally sound good with anything you throw at it. 

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #7 of 12
One of the best headphones around 200 dollars IMO, is Sony MDR 1R. Theyre more balanced than the inspiration, so it may be a little bass shy for u. It still has a good bass to it though. If you go to best buy they might have them up to try.

Some other options are:

SOL Republic Master Tracks
Martin Logan Mikros 90
UE 6000

im sure I'm missing a lot though. Look around for some good possibilities 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #8 of 12
SRH840 is the best all rounder I've found so far. Pretty good bass (but there are better ones if you're a basshead) which gives it a warm sound overall, but enough treble to balance it. It's a V-shaped sound but well-integrated and not extreme. Soundstage is very good for classical and clarity is sufficient. The earcups are deep enough and isolate well, but the headband is on the heavy side and could benefit from a little modding.

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #9 of 12
The SRH840 was the most boring headphone I ever listened to. It didn't do anything wrong, but it also didn't really do anything right. 

Sol Republic are horribly uncomfortable. The way the cups sit on the headband prevent them from moving AT ALL in any direction, and it makes them just plain not work right unless you're lucky enough that your head and ear shape match their geometry.

If the Monster are good to you, the DNA line is really legit. The Mikros 90 has a strong following on here and are half of what you were looking to pay (hard to pass up). 

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #10 of 12
The SRH840 was the most boring headphone I ever listened to. It didn't do anything wrong, but it also didn't really do anything right.

Same difference. It impressed me by not being bad.

You're right: it's boringly natural sounding.

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #11 of 12
I mostly agree with what he said about SRH840. I also found them a little too plasticky and didnt really like the cable much

hmm i found the Master tracks fairly comfortable. I didnt like the on ear model's comfort much, that's definitely true, but i thought the over ears did fine. Maybe that's just me.

The DNA are another line of on ears that i find a bit uncomfortable. I myself couldnt get the right fit with them. The over ear model could be a different story though. I've yet to hear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back