Monster heartbeats earphones with love from Lady Gaga
Sep 7, 2009 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

shigzeo

The Hiss King
Original blog post with pictures

So, I kept the same thread title, but anyway, it looks like Monster are capitalising on the rather popular beats name and releasing two more earphones: heartbeats which are designed by Lady Gaga, and beats Solo.

I reviewed the beats tour which are decently made and packaged, but aren't really the equal of other earphones. It appears that the new earphones are based on similar acoustic design, but the Solo may share more with the Turbine Pro.

In any case, they come in two flavours: with or without mic for your phone.

Sep 7, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 27
NO

Sep 7, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #5 of 27
I guess so. Still, I am of the mind that even if they look cute, they can still be good. That said, the beats tour was underwhelming in everything other than build quality which is better than most phones in the 100-150$ range.

Monster are obviously hard at work to make a large portfolio of phones which will appeal to many people. They have audiophiles hit with the Turbine and coming Pro model and perhaps the Solo and the style conscious with the heartbeats.

I have never heard Lady Gaga. Sadly, all I know of her is that one person whom gains the least of my respect loves her. But, I won't write a headphone off because she designed it. Will I wear it outside? Likely not!

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #8 of 27
is poker face a song? my guess is that these earphones will strike a major chord (be it good or bad) with americans. i have honestly no information on her... some will love this move, and others will (as seen here), hate it.

still, cannot write off the sound of the earphone till tried, but even then, placebo will probably kill it for most of headfi.

Sep 7, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha! I heard about that today from a friend. Well, is she cute enough?

Wow... you guys are really out of touch with really recent pop culture. She's this singer who makes rather catchy songs and rather many of such songs in her recent rise to stardom. She also banks on having absolutely no taste and such an extraordinary style its repulsive. I presume there's supposed to be some sex factor too but she's fairly plain even with makeup.

Sep 7, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Dying_Wren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow... you guys are really out of touch with really recent pop culture.

Think about the Head-Fi demographic... fairly cultured music listeners. This means very little E! or VH1 or anything like that, and more often than not, no mainstream radio at all.

Sep 7, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #14 of 27
Sounds fair. To be fair to me, I don't have a radio here, abhor most modern, popular non electronic music, and now in Korea, am no longer suffered to listen to only American pop. In Canada, I would probably have already had a gut-reaction to this news, but as it is, the name is a name and I found out only today that she is popular.

The same would be true if I introduced you to some of the horrid pop stars from Asia (and trust me, there are few who are worse than the majority of pop stars in Asia) who would make Lady Gaga look heavenly.

Sep 7, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #15 of 27
I usually notice monster beats headphones in lots of music videos these days (hidden commercial) and poker face is full of them.
No surprise this pops up. Most of the money and business go for the design this time, no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back