Monster Eartip Adapters: A Potential, Yet Competent Solution
Jun 25, 2011 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

i2ehan

Aka: Nightcrawler, Oof Oink
Was flipping items from the classifieds on eBay.
I've seldom read about issues with regards to finding the right tips, and have personally experienced the very same one too many times. I need not stress the improtance of finding the right tips, as I'm sure majority here are all too familiar with it, and how crutial of a role it plays with respect to the sound perceived by the listener. About exactly a month ago, I discovered the monster eartip adapters, which are sold as part of the Monster Gel and Foam SuperTip Sampler Starter Kit. Having owned quite a few IEM's from the Monster lineup already, I had no need for an entire extra kit. Hence I posted a wanted ad requesting just the eartip adapters, to which I fortunately received an answer (thank you kindly to my good friend Thecoolguy, a name quite fitting if you ask me).
cool.gif

I'm posting this only because the eartip adapters made quite the difference for me, as my options were no longer nearly as limited and I was now able to experiment with many different tips, irrespective of the size of the IEM's nozzle. I only hope that similarly, this will offer a solution for others, or at the very least, offer a wider array of options in terms of experimenting with, and finding the right tips for your liking.

My most recent purchase, the latest Atrio M5's (MG7), are a prime example of just how useful and efficient I've personally found the eartip adapters. Follow along...
smile.gif

As shown, the eartip adapter besides the Monster tri-flanges (my most preferred & exclusive tips):

Notice how thin the Atrio's nozzle is, with respect to the wider tri-flange bore:

Fortunately, the eartip adapters, once in place, resolve the issue altogether:

Notice how much wider the space is once the adapter is in place. The adapters are rubbery and hence quite flexible, and while the angle of the shot may mislead one to believe that the adapter's slightly close off the Atrio's bore width, rest assured they don't.

Once the eartip adapter is in place, the tri-flanges fit like a glove; without the eartip adapters, the tri-flanges are simply too loose and unstable to be worn:

While they can be worn with ease as indicated by the above shot, I prefer a deep insertion; thus I tend to push the tips further down, as is shown:

Voila! I'm now able to enjoy my new Atrio's with my Monster tri-flanges, or any other tip with a similar size bore for that matter! No, they aren't at all loose, and aren't going anywhere once they're in.
biggrin.gif

There is one minor, yet noteworthy issue/concern I find ever so slightly annoying at times: when the tri-flanges are removed, the eartip adapters are removed as well, as is shown:

While nothing perfect, I'm easily willing to overlook this minor issue. Since both the tips themselves and the eartip adapters are very flexible, the eartip adapter can easily be removed by means of applying a squeezing and twisting fashion, as if you are squeezing toothpaste from a tube, moving from the back and slowly working your way up.

I've since used the eartip adapters for any earphone with a nozzle too small for the many wider bore tips I own, and they've worked like a charm; hence I figured since I was able to benefit from them, a few others may find it just the same.
wink.gif

Happy listening guys, and gals!
etysmile.gif

Jun 25, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #2 of 10
Wow, that's awesome.  I always wondered what those little red things were when I purchased the Monster Super Tips pack.  Thanks for the pictorial.  That's just awesome.  Gonna put some hybrids on my Atrios now.  :)

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #3 of 10

Quote:
I've seldom read about issues with regards to finding the right tips, and have personally experienced the very same one too many times. I need not stress the improtance of finding the right tips, as I'm sure majority here are all too familiar with it, and how crutial of a role it plays with respect to the sound perceived by the listener. About exactly a month ago, I discovered the monster eartip adapters, which are sold as part of the Monster Gel and Foam SuperTip Sampler Starter Kit. Having owned quite a few IEM's from the Monster lineup already, I had no need for an entire extra kit. Hence I posted a wanted ad requesting just the eartip adapters, to which I fortunately received an answer (thank you kindly to my good friend Thecoolguy, a name quite fitting if you ask me).
cool.gif

I'm posting this only because the eartip adapters made quite the difference for me, as my options were no longer nearly as limited and I was now able to experiment with many different tips, irrespective of the size of the IEM's nozzle. I only hope that similarly, this will offer a solution for others, or at the very least, offer a wider array of options in terms of experimenting with, and finding the right tips for your liking.

My most recent purchase, the latest Atrio M5's (MG7), are a prime example of just how useful and efficient I've personally found the eartip adapters. Follow along...
smile.gif

As shown, the eartip adapter besides the Monster tri-flanges (my most preferred & exclusive tips):

Notice how thin the Atrio's nozzle is, with respect to the wider tri-flange bore:

Fortunately, the eartip adapters, once in place, resolve the issue altogether:

Notice how much wider the space is once the adapter is in place. The adapters are rubbery and hence quite flexible, and while the angle of the shot may mislead one to believe that the adapter's slightly close off the Atrio's bore width, rest assured they don't.

Once the eartip adapter is in place, the tri-flanges fit like a glove; without the eartip adapters, the tri-flanges are simply too loose and unstable to be worn:

While they can be worn with ease as indicated by the above shot, I prefer a deep insertion; thus I tend to push the tips further down, as is shown:

Voila! I'm now able to enjoy my new Atrio's with my Monster tri-flanges, or any other tip with a similar size bore for that matter! No, they aren't at all loose, and aren't going anywhere once they're in.
biggrin.gif

There is one minor, yet noteworthy issue/concern I find ever so slightly annoying at times: when the tri-flanges are removed, the eartip adapters are removed as well, as is shown:

While nothing perfect, I'm easily willing to overlook this minor issue. Since both the tips themselves and the eartip adapters are very flexible, the eartip adapter can easily be removed by means of applying a squeezing and twisting fashion, as if you are squeezing toothpaste from a tube, moving from the back and slowly working your way up.

I've since used the eartip adapters for any earphone with a nozzle too small for the many wider bore tips I own, and they've worked like a charm; hence I figured since I was able to benefit from them, a few others may find it just the same.
wink.gif

Happy listening guys, and gals!
etysmile.gif

I2ehan Thank you for taking the time to post this with deatailed pics. Will the Monster Tri''s fit on the Westone/Shure Tubes?

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefallr4545 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I2ehan Thank you for taking the time to post this with deatailed pics. Will the Monster Tri''s fit on the Westone/Shure Tubes?

Absolutely my good friend. They are very flex, and I've personally used them on both my Westone 4's and my SE535's, to which I found them equally as competent.

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
Quote:

Absolutely my good friend. They are very flex, and I've personally used them on both my Westone 4's and my SE535's, to which I found them equally as competent.

Thanks again, man you are top notch

Jun 26, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #6 of 10
Thank you kindly for the FYI. If you don't mind me asking, is that similar to decoring the Comply's/Olives, and the said core can be used similar to the adapters here?

Nov 18, 2011 at 4:20 AM Post #8 of 10
Latest discovery:

SE530 + eartip adapters + Klipsch ear gel tips = 
smile.gif
blink.gif
eek.gif
basshead.gif
ksc75smile.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Improved bass and treble response, as the tips rest much deeper within the ear canal = euphoria!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back