Monster Cable's cease and desist to Blue Jean Cable
Apr 16, 2008 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wangerin

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Not long ago we reported that Monster Cable had issued a cease and desist letter to Blue Jeans Cable about their Tartan cables. Little did the lawyer drones over at Monster know that Kurt Denke, the president of Blue Jeans was, in a former life, a lawyer by trade.

Oops! Someone pushed around the wrong "small" company! While we are no legal experts, we recognize humor when we see it. And this is funny. With Blue Jeans Cable's permission, we've included their full response to Monster's letter below.

Blue Jeans Cable Strikes Back - Response to Monster Cable — Audioholics Home Theater Reviews and News

Quote:

Dear Monster Lawyers,

Let me begin by stating, without equivocation, that I have no interest whatsoever in infringing upon any intellectual property belonging to Monster Cable. Indeed, the less my customers think my products resemble Monster's, in form or in function, the better.

Refreshing to see someone fight for what they believe is right.

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by UseName /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like how they always mention Kurt Denke was a former lawyer... as if monster doesn't have lawyers of their own.

That's not the point.
Monster's att.'s likely didn't know Kurt was an experienced litigator that can fight back.
Monster's strategy is to intimidate the little guy who may not want to bear legal fees.

Apr 17, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's not the point.
Monster's att.'s likely didn't know Kurt was an experienced litigator that can fight back.
Monster's strategy is to intimidate the little guy who may not want to bear legal fees.

You have a lawsuit that is threatening your livelihood, and you aren't going to get a lawyer? My god... I don't even have a business, but if any legal problem ever comes to me, the first thing I will do is contact a lawyer. Nobody is going to automatically roll over, and I am sure Monster's lawyers were not expecting Kurt to roll over immediately.

It's just a line in an article to catch the reader's attention. It's sorta like a gang of big thugs picking on a little old asian man in a kung-fu movie. People like hearing about bullies who 'mess with the wrong guy'. It certainly helps BJC to have someone like that as president, but it's not as big of a deal as some seem to think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back