Monster Cable introduces "Monster® Butterfly™ by Vivienne Tam with ControlTalk™ High Performance In-Ear Headphones"
Feb 26, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #16 of 27
Monster butterfly
DSC01023.JPG

Feb 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bína /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can one company produce both good sounding earphones(Turbine pro) and headphones on level of skullcandy?

What, like Sennheiser
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

How can one company produce both good sounding earphones(Turbine pro) and headphones on level of skullcandy?

Talk after you've heard the SK-Pro and the Holua IEM.

Feb 26, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

They just want to have all the bases in their market covered.

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #21 of 27
It always alarms me when they don't even try to sell me on the sound quality.

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hentai11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It always alarms me when they don't even try to sell me on the sound quality.

actually they did, but it seems second to design
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Monster® Butterfly™ by Vivienne Tam with ControlTalk™ High Performance In-Ear Headphones

Stunning design by the popular icon of fashion designers
•In-ear Speaker Design delivers pure, detailed sound reproduction
•Monster Performance Eartips: multiple shapes and sizes for a for a comfortable and secure fit
•Lustrous All-Metal Housing cancels unwanted resonance for pure sound
•Cable Slider and Clip keeps weight off headphones so they stay snug in your ears

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #24 of 27
It might appeal to women-folk. Let me ask my wife - She likes it! She likes it a lot!

Remember, that the earphones we think are so cool are often 'geeky' or 'ugly' to most girls I've talked with. Especially the clear ones like the UM3x, UM2, Sensaphonics - they are 「結構アグリー」or 'very ugly'.

Would I wear butterflies in my ears? No, but would people who like butterflies? Who like Tam's work? Probably and they would probably be women. I imagine that this design push by Monster is to sell earphones to women as well so that headphones,earphones, etc., are not just a geeky boy thing.

A good move, but certainly one that has to be watched - 「男があれをしてたら気持ち悪い」meaning that if a boy had those on, it would be 'disgusting' or something. I'd reckon the driver is probably similar to that of the Lady Gaga, which by the way, doesn't sound bad.

Feb 28, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #25 of 27
err.. that is one ugly headphone. It looks a lot like the also ugly Beats in ears.. The butterfly image on the outside isn't making it any better either. I wouldn't wear them even if I was a woman

Feb 28, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It might appeal to women-folk. Let me ask my wife - She likes it! She likes it a lot!

Remember, that the earphones we think are so cool are often 'geeky' or 'ugly' to most girls I've talked with. Especially the clear ones like the UM3x, UM2, Sensaphonics - they are 「結構アグリー」or 'very ugly'.

I have no doubt that people will wear and buy it. Their target audience is most definitely women (I would be surprised if that was not the case). If it appeals to them and they get good sales from it then that's a successful product for them.

Also I agree with that what we think is cool. What a lot of people here think probably is not the same for the general population. Customs, UM2, etc may seem cool to us but is ugly, makes no sense to others. It probably will be the same here if this sells well. It won't make sense to us but to the people who have them it makes perfect sense.

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Would I wear butterflies in my ears? No, but would people who like butterflies? Who like Tam's work? Probably and they would probably be women. I imagine that this design push by Monster is to sell earphones to women as well so that headphones,earphones, etc., are not just a geeky boy thing.

A good move, but certainly one that has to be watched - 「男があれをしてたら気持ち悪い」meaning that if a boy had those on, it would be 'disgusting' or something. I'd reckon the driver is probably similar to that of the Lady Gaga, which by the way, doesn't sound bad.

Not sure when the last time you were in Japan was shigzeo, but 女性専用のイヤホン (earphones for women) now make up the biggest selection in most Bic Camera and Yodobashi outlets. It`ll be interesting (actually, not really) to see how well they well sell in Japan and elsewhere in Asia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back