Monster Cable Boycott
Jan 13, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #16 of 19
Well, yeah, that makes total sense. I mean, if some other company came along called "Monster Wire", sure Monster Cable should be able to sue them. But to sue Bobby Borris Pickett over the song "The Monster Mash" or something like that is just completely absurd!!!

Jan 14, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #17 of 19
I have to agree with Len. I am an attorney but I have only general knowledge of trademark law. While a company does have to actively pursue infringement of their trademards, it's really not that simple. I have a friend with a business that shares a name with a buisness in another state. They provide completely different services in the general category of health services. My friend gets a cease and desist letter and sends it to me to review. I figure out that the company has had a big law firm in TX send these letters to businesses with the same or similar names all over the country. I did a little research and contact the attorney and advise him that they are wrong and we are not changing the name. I spoke to a few other companies that received the letter. Some settled with the company and others, like us resisted. I never heard back from the lawyer. It's been at least 3 years since they sent the letter. This was nothing more than a scam to try and get some unsuspecting businesses to pay money to them. Again, I am no expert but this was one experience I had.

Jan 14, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by nspindel
Hmmmm....

I'd throw out a few lawyer jokes right now, but I don't want to insult a fellow head-fi'er....

I've heard them all and I appreciate your restraint.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back