Monster build quality
Nov 9, 2011 at 5:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mps83

New Head-Fier
hi, right I bought a pair on Monster Turbine headphones online from Best Buy in the U.K about 4 months ago, upon receiving them I found that they were faulty, the wire at the jack end was damaged internally resulting in loss of sound from one earpiece.
Anyway I contacted Best Buy and they apologised and issued me with an immediate replacement. Well all was good and well with the new pair, but after a couple of months, the paint from the jack started to flake off, this didn't bother me too much. Now though after about 4 months of usage, the same fault as the original pair has reared it's ugly head and one earpiece is now broken. I know that Best Buy would no longer be under obligation to send me a new pair as it's been 4 months since I bought from them.

My question is, do you think Monster would send me a new set if I contacted them? When I pay £100 for a pair of headphones I expect my moneys worth. I don't know whether to call their customer support in Ireland or not. Has anyone in the UK had dealings with Monster before?

Thanks.

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #3 of 9
Monster is known for their lack of quality control. I'm in the US and I went through 5 different sets before going a different route. You could get a new replacement, but it will most likely fail you once again based on what I and many others have experienced.

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
Monster is known for their lack of quality control. I'm in the US and I went through 5 different sets before going a different route. You could get a new replacement, but it will most likely fail you once again based on what I and many others have experienced.

Speaking of quality control, my turbines arrived with an oil stain on the manual, now thats beyond weird 
confused.gif

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:50 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
Speaking of quality control, my turbines arrived with an oil stain on the manual, now thats beyond weird 
confused.gif

Oil stain?! Now that's a bit suspicious..

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 9

Quote:

confused.gif

I've received a Copper with the nozzle mesh filter almost completely ripped off from an authorized dealer. Oil stain is weird though, maybe the person assembling the Turbine and putting the packaging together was cooking some bacon on the side. 
tongue.gif

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #8 of 9
Good god, sounds like i'm not the only one who's had "quality issues" with Monster products haha. I've sent them an email asking them to advise me on how to go about getting the Turbines replaced. Not holding out much hope though.

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #9 of 9
Just call them and they'll send you a brand new replacement right away. 
Quote:
Good god, sounds like i'm not the only one who's had "quality issues" with Monster products haha. I've sent them an email asking them to advise me on how to go about getting the Turbines replaced. Not holding out much hope though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back