Monster.biz Lawsuit
Jul 12, 2002 at 9:04 AM Post #16 of 28
Now I know what cables I WON'T have on my system...

Jul 12, 2002 at 6:20 PM Post #18 of 28
The "apology" needs more apology...

Jul 13, 2002 at 6:48 AM Post #21 of 28
I agree that the "apology" hardly covers the deliberate attempt to label Mike as a thief and demand he hand over what they wanted or go to jail.

The actions of Big Business are frequently appalling. Annoying advertisements, stolen retirement funds, overpaid executives, products for the lowest common denominator, boring jobs, layoffs, oppressive legal maneuvers, excessive lobbying, setting public policy with private interests, government favoritism, YOU NAME IT.

I don't fear black street gangs. I fear gangs of white men in suits.

Good for Mike. I hope Monster compensates him for the mental blow to his sense of financial well being.

The RIAA should be next. You would not believe what they have planned for you and your criminally-enabled audiophile gear. I won't go into it now, but rest assured you'll hear about it soon enough. They are attacking everything. Music, distribution, hardware, operating systems... everything.

Jul 13, 2002 at 7:23 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous

I don't fear black street gangs. I fear gangs of white men in suits.

I fear the gangs. Some of those people, ****in a, they go insane or something when they get in a group. ****in mother****ers attacked me for no ******* reason. And the cop sitting across the street just watched. I think he was just as scared as I was after watching me get attacked from behind by a group of about 25 rowdy ass black people. Yeah, then the next day I see this guy selling this newspaper at a stop light that says something to the effect of "Stop the white man from suppresing black America." After my little run in with black america I was feeling pretty outraged and I really, really, wanted to... do something. My first thought was to take a newspaper and stand up through my sunroof showing everyone waiting at the light what I was holding and rip it to shreds. But I figured that all the black people would misunderstand and I'd probably get followed home so I decided to just keep driving. I just hope whatever portion of black america that reads this remembers it... I have several black friends, they are all still my friends. My best friend here at college is black. He happens to date a white girl, I don't even think of him as black, he's just my friend. I know some people who would say "He's lost touch with his heritage." **** that, if you want to ACT BLACK, you will always be supressed... His family disowned him for dating a white girl... I am white, white in mind and body, I am not a wigger, I listen to classical music. I drive a japanese economy car, I sing the national anthem in the shower, I say don't punch white people in the back of the head, don't go around claiming white people are supressing you. You're just hurting your friends, and pissing them off. I personally think that guy at the stoplight needs to carry a sign that says, "BLACK AMERICA STOP ****ING YOURSELF."

Jul 13, 2002 at 9:06 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
....You don't even know your own neighbor, do you? Your adjacent lawns touch each other but each of you owns your own mower. You're isolated. Obedient. A good consumer. Distracted. Powerless.

Now get back to your job and stop reading this before you get fired.

Wow, you cats are a bundle of joy tonight.

I know my neighbors.

I don't own a lawnmower.

Isolated? Nope. Obedient? Yeah, my dogs can pretty much convince me to give them treats whenever they want 'em. A good consumer? Sorta. Distracted? Hardly. Powerless? Nope.

You really feel this way?

Anyway, getting back on topic, I hope the Monster.biz guy gets compensated by Monster Cable for his time and whatever expenses he incurred.

Jul 13, 2002 at 10:54 AM Post #25 of 28
Good for you, Jude... although I wonder if you represent the average person.

Take Head-Fi for example. Most people roll their eyes when talking about headphones, hi-fi, and such. Few, if any, would go to the lengths you have to cultivate a community for interested parties, going out-of-pocket to do so. That's passion. That's a good thing to have. Your awareness of current topics proves you pay attention to what's happening around you.

The problem is that too many people are lazy, complacent, and ignore what's really going on around them... walking endlessly along a giant Moebius strip of chores, television sitcoms, and shopping. A society full of people doing "whatever comes next" is an unstable one, easily influenced by whoever promises them a simple, comfortable existence. Thus, whenever I am surrounded by oblivious, narrow-minded people, I feel compelled to WAKE THEM UP in the most amusing way possible.

I mean, I try to talk about the heinous things going on with the RIAA, the corporate accounting scandals, the Israel/Palestine conflict, E-commerce, the Euro, globalism, ideal 401k strategies, ANYTHING current and people just look at me like I'm crazy. I don't like having the impression that America is a country of clueless nimrods who's greatest aspiration is to own the latest BMW and smallest cell phone. Know what I mean? Gotta DO something about that...

...because I'm a CARING GUY. -George Carlin, after having insulted almost everyone in the audience

And yes, I also hope Monster Cable pays Mike for the intimidation he was forced to deal with.

Jul 13, 2002 at 4:39 PM Post #27 of 28
I would like to own the latest BMW. I already have the smallest cell phone. Or, maybe I don't have the smallest one, Iv'e been to lazy to see it there are any smaller than mine lately. I drive an SUV, and a 6mpg pickup. My 401k is in the dumper, but I got some stock options I can exercise if I need to. I could stay totally oblivious if you all would quit bringing up all these negative things here. I already quit reading my NRA magazines, and I don't watch the news, or TV for that matter. I am trying desperatley to live in a fairy tale land in my house. DON'T spoil it with reality. Right now the only concern I have is whether to buy the Grado sr325 or a new CD player. I have been pondering this for months now and I will make a decision within the next 10 years. Don't rush it I always say.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

MPD [size=xx-small]Nimrod at large[/size]

Jul 13, 2002 at 6:37 PM Post #28 of 28
Luckily, I don't like Monster's products so I don't have to concern myself with wanting to buy good products from a company with ill intent. I still fight this battle with myself over Amazon--great prices, excellent web site, good customer service and policies and lawsuits that I find completely unacceptable.

*shrug*

Anyway, I wish Monster's consumers would boycott until Monster gave the domains and legal fees back to the other companies they've damaged... or until Monster went out of business, either way is fine with me.

Eventually I'll get all this crap out of my system. The cables, I mean.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back