Monster Beats Tour or Turbines?? or ???? For 150$ & Under
Jul 14, 2009 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pablo7

New Head-Fier
Been enjoying my ADDIEM's for a few weeks I love the detailed sound, but i'm itching for an upgrade. My first pair of IEM's was a set of

4.95$ sony MDR-EX71's from amazon that I used on my sony w350 cell phone. They had great bass which I liked.......any other reccomendations

would be awsome thanks...I listem to all kinds of music and would like something bass heavy in the 100$ to 150$ range i'm really

leaning towrds the monster beats tour or the turbines can't decide...........ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN LISTEN TO THESE OR OTHER HIGH END IEM'S IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA.

Jul 14, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by pablo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would be awsome thanks...I listem to all kinds of music and would like something bass heavy in the 100$ to 150$ range i'm really

leaning towrds the monster beats tour or the turbines can't decide...........ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN LISTEN TO THESE OR OTHER HIGH END IEM'S IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA.

Turbines really. But jeez, that's really narrowing it down to one brand, isn't it?

Jul 14, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #6 of 10
Jul 14, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #8 of 10
i have probably owned every notable 150$ and under earphone that is famous for bass on these boards. they are all worthy contenders, but are voiced differently. if you know what music you want to listen to and if you prefer a bass presence or bass resolution, it is easier to recommend. I am working on a review of the beats tours now too and comparison with the turbine and a few others.

they are actually a very nice earphone.

Jul 14, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #9 of 10
I've narrowed my choices to the monsters based on what I've read on this forum although the Klipsch Image X10's and Atrios M5/m8/m9 v.2 are reading a little better ....
popcorn.gif

Jul 14, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #10 of 10
If isolation is not a big factor, go for the Audio Technica CKS70. They have almost the same amount of bass punch and bass definition as the Sennheiser IE8 and go almost as low as the JVC FX500 and have stonger sub-bass reverberation to boot.

Another positive is that it's cheaper as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back