Monster Beats by Dr Dre or Monster turbines?
Dec 20, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #18 of 20
I prefer a warm, bassy sound. The Beats provide amazing bass such as I've never heard in any other IEMs, but I'm still new to the world of IEMs. The bass in the Beats does come at the noticeable cost of clarity and detail in the upper range, so to compensate, I've found that on an iPod, the "Electronic" EQ setting works best across the board. Not sure if they'll be going back.

Dec 20, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by whatahii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard Dr dres "aren't really audiophile"

i dont understand that statement because dr dre's headphones are from monster...

Beats™ by Dr. Dre™ Tour High Resolution In-Ear Headphones From Monster®

help me out guys, im leaning towards the turbines, but after some researching, arent the beats also "audiophile"?

That really cracked me up. And btw, I'd go with neither.

Dec 22, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #20 of 20
Hi all at Head-Fi

Whatever works for the individual as there is no perfect phone, just read the forums and match those users with the similar sound signatures, traits you have or like.

To demo is best ( with burn in ) but not easily accessible so another option is to read unbiased reviews on this great forum although you could run in circles as you would get 100 praise an item and another 100 criticising it.

Do the homework.

Avoid those that say theirs is the best.

Monster, Touch, IE8 and others are variations of a theme just for the latter two you see more people trying to justify having them.

They are shades away from audiophile quality, well to me anyway.

But hey! different strokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back