Monoprice's 2 NEW PLANARMAGNETIC Headphones from their Monolith line!
Sep 13, 2016 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Feilong4

Headphoneus Supremus
I saw this in a subreddit and I was ecstatic! I don't know much about them as in if they're based off another headphone or something.

Disclaimer: I do not own the following information and pictures.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=120&cp_id=12009&cs_id=1082302&p_id=16051

Monoprice "Monolith M560 Planar Headphones"

"Say hello to the first planar headphone for $199 on the market. With clarity, detail, and bass that’s balanced, the Monolith M560 planar headphones are the perfect way to experience your music collection. Designed for comfort and longevity, you can tailor the sound to your taste with the ability to transform the headphones between an open or closed back configuration."

Specs:

Style
Open or Closed

Transducer type
Planar magnetic

Magnetic structure
Matrix double pole

Magnet type
Neodymium

Driver Size
56 mm

Maximum power handling
500 mW

Maximum SPL
100dB/1mW at 1 KHz

Frequency response
16~40K Hz

Total harmonic distortion
Less than 1% at 1mW ,1K Hz

Impedance
42Ω ±10% at 1kHz

Optimal power requirement
20mW

Weight
500g
_______________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=120&cp_id=12009&cs_id=1082302&p_id=16050

Monoprice "Monolith M1060 Planar Headphones"

A sound field that exists outside the physical space of the headphones. The Monolith M1060 Planar headphones delivers the hallmark sonic signature of planar drivers for a true audiophile experience. The open back design allows the music to breathe, and places the listener in the center of the music as if the band is performing just for you."

Specs:

Style
Open 

Transducer type
Planar magnetic

Magnetic structure
Linear symmetry magnets

Magnet type
Neodymium

Driver Size
106mm

Maximum power handling
10W (for 200ms)

Maximum SPL
˃130dB

Frequency response
10Hz - 50kHz

Total harmonic distortion
<1% (1kHz, 1mW)

Impedance
50 ohms

Efficiency
96dB / 1mW

Optimal power requirement
200mW - 4W

Weight
500g

My thoughts (have not heard them): 

The M560's design me a bit of the R70X and the Beats Mixr. I like the design, and it seems to have both a open-back and closed-back configurations. A bit like the Hifiman Edition S in that aspect.

The M1060 looks like a combination of Audeze and Hifiman headphones, and very handsome overall. Seems like the cables are removable.

It's around the price-point where even I could grab a pair so hooray!

Sep 13, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #2 of 2
These look really interesting. Of note is their HiFi Over the ear headphones going for $30. They are normally $70. At $30 they are a steal. Unfortunately they haven't really gotten much attention on Head Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back