Monoprice vs. Blue Jeans Cable
Jan 4, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 8
Blue Jeans gets the edge, based on superior durability, better finish, and better tolerances on the connectors. I'm not a person who puts much stock in all sorts of performance gains from exotic cables (at least not anymore!), but I have experienced firsthand the benefits of a cable that is well-made, will last a long time, and has good terminations and connects well. I do like monoprice stuff for a lot of applications, but Blue Jeans are generally made better.

Jan 4, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 8
The issue I have always had with monoprice is lack of shielding, they tend to be noisy and pick up interference. I must say, however, that the best value is almost always DIY.

Jan 5, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #6 of 8
In high interference locations/situations, I've definitely found the BJC stuff to do a much better job of blocking noise, and they have a much more robust feel and look about them, but otherwise no audible difference that I've ever been able to notice.

Jan 5, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #8 of 8
They are exactly identical at producing a digital signal. One may last longer than the other possibly (due to the jacket). I buy $6 HDMI cables for my $5000 Pioneer Kuro display because it does not matter. On or off, 1's or 0's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back