Monoprice Monolith M560 earpad replacement method question
Jul 8, 2017 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

saw4974

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased a pair of Monoprice Monolith M560's and a set of new earpads. The originals are attached with glue and new ones need to be either glued back on or a lot of people seem to use double sided tape. My question is what double sided tape are they using? Will the cheap scotch brand stuff work or will the new pads fall off? If they will fall of what double sided tape/glue should I use?

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 7
I too would be interested in hearing what other modders have used. I tried the thick clear Scotch mounting tape available at Staples. Says it holds 10 lbs, so figured that would be plenty good, but it wasn't as strong as I hoped. I 3-D printed a set of the plastic mounting plates and attached four magnets. Then added the tape, which was about the same thickness as the magnets, which was nice. The pads were then pressed on. Worked ok but I am looking for a better double sided tape solution.

Mar 25, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #4 of 7
Pull the stock pads apart and you get this...
pJtjBFQOYKKppcnp1
then simply insert the magnate plate inside the new pads and tada attached no tape.

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #5 of 7
I posted pics of my M560 3-d printed pad plates over in the M1060/M560 thread.

Would you mind sharing the file for the plates by any chance? Or could we possibly buy a set of printed plates from you?

Aug 4, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #6 of 7
Those plates were sized to be the same dimensions as the existing plates, but they didn't work for me in the end. I needed more ear space. I saw that someone put oval HyperX pads on M560s and was happy with the result, so I bought a set of those pads and am experimenting with them now. They are roomier and not as thick as the other replacement pads I tried. The HyperX oval pads are flexible enough to just about fit in those round plates but it defeated the purpose of having more vertical ear space so I am trying plates that are a little taller than the M560's circular diameter, protruding a bit, which isn't an elegant solution. I'm still tweaking the size and shape. If this doesn't work, I'm going to give up on the M560s. I don't do the CAD software work. The guy who builds the CAD files for me doesn't allow me to post his files. Sorry. PM me if you want the old plates.

Oct 14, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #7 of 7
I finally got around to making a new set of M560 oval plates for the HyperX pads. Much better than old design, but more complex to print. I'll post pics over in the M1050/M560 thread.
This solves the M560 fit problem for me. Pads are velour so some bass is sacrificed in exchange for the roomy comfy fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back