Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum - By Alex Cavalli
Dec 28, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #3,962 of 5,150
Same here :

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 12.04.55 PM.png

Dec 28, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #3,963 of 5,150
They cancelled my order too. They lost me as a customer for life.

Dec 28, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #3,964 of 5,150
Wow…I had my doubts when I placed an order. Good thing is I have LP so kind of relieved that I got money back. Money saved is money earned

Dec 29, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #3,965 of 5,150
I was also fooled, the Christmas period must be conducive to beliefs :) Nevertheless the operation of the company seems to me not very serious, not to say dishonest. I also add that for payments from abroad exchange fees may be charged (Paypal) and must be refund

Dec 29, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #3,966 of 5,150
I called them last night. The lady I spoke to agreed that it's not right that they cancelled our order. But the company was sent a statement saying that anyone who placed an order the for amp would have their order cancelled and that they could only give us a discount of $25 off the $800 price. When it regularly sells for half of that. We waited on hold for 5 minutes to speak to a manager and the lady said they would have the manager call us back. We did not want that knowing they wouldn't call us back. We insisted to stay on the line but the lady said she can't keep us on hold. And go figure they never called us back. I will be contacting them again today. I already returned my original LP to amazon and I am out of my cancelled order so they are going to fix this or else.

I am not a first time customer of monoprice but this is definitely my last time being their customer. I've purchased many expensive things from them before.

Dec 29, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #3,967 of 5,150
/\ THIS.

Dec 30, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #3,968 of 5,150
I called them last night. The lady I spoke to agreed that it's not right that they cancelled our order. But the company was sent a statement saying that anyone who placed an order the for amp would have their order cancelled and that they could only give us a discount of $25 off the $800 price. When it regularly sells for half of that. We waited on hold for 5 minutes to speak to a manager and the lady said they would have the manager call us back. We did not want that knowing they wouldn't call us back. We insisted to stay on the line but the lady said she can't keep us on hold. And go figure they never called us back. I will be contacting them again today. I already returned my original LP to amazon and I am out of my cancelled order so they are going to fix this or else.

I am not a first time customer of monoprice but this is definitely my last time being their customer. I've purchased many expensive things from them before.
Keep us posted if they actually fulfill the order. I have no hope in Monoprice anymore and am genuinely offended by the attitude I encountered when I called customer service 2 days ago. I told them that if they couldn't take care of me that they would be losing me as a customer for life and that I would obviously have to tell you guys here about my experience.
[This just in...It was awful].
They didn't even offer a discount, coupon, or anything else!
She spoke with her manager, but when she came back, Monoprice essentially told me to go kick rocks. So, yeah- I'm never spending another dime with them!
I am stubborn af about things like this and will go out of my way to avoid having to buy their products for the rest of my life.
:frowning2:
SMH, Monoprice!

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #3,969 of 5,150
Hello,
I understand the displeasure and many were happy to get a bargain.
Honestly, even $400 would still be a bargain.
In Europe you could buy it, but it costs 1200€ or 1150$ at the online dealer.
That's cheeky.
Monoprice had to cancel the order due to a system error.
If they hadn't noticed it, it would have been good for everyone who ordered and Monoprice would have made a loss.
You have to/should also understand that.
Apart from that, a large part of the order would have ended up on Ebay because some people couldn't get enough.
Seen in this light, the decision is understandable.
And whoever calls and can still take something because of the complaint is better than nothing.
In the end, it's also the case that nothing is given as a gift, why should Monoprice give the amplifier as a gift if it has more value and was caused by a system error?
No one can say they like to give something away.
It is rather the opposite.

So maybe you should be a little lenient towards companies that don't necessarily have bad products.
And offer the good ones for $400 every now and then.

For me as a European, that's a bargain, also because of the customs clearance that comes afterwards, which is not exactly low.

Dec 30, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #3,971 of 5,150
when it is a mistake (if it is, it is a big mistake and for the moment unexplained) it is good to assume even if it means losing some money, it must not be millions $ and respect for customers is an asset for the future of the company. I had exchange fees and requested that they be refunded to me, it seemed to me to be the minimum, I am in no way responsible for their management. It was refused on the grounds that technically they could not? There comes a time when you have to stop making fun of the world even with the best polite expressions. If my name was Mr Cavalli and made beautiful machines I would ask a few questions about the association of my name with this company.

Dec 30, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #3,972 of 5,150
This has happened before; that time, my purchase price was honoured (albeit not as low as $165). Principle is principal…
F63EF581-6F9D-4866-8E64-9A754A0B3106.jpeg

Dec 30, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #3,974 of 5,150
This has happened before; that time, my purchase price was honoured (albeit not as low as $165). Principle is principal…F63EF581-6F9D-4866-8E64-9A754A0B3106.jpeg
My guess is their manufacturing cost is likely between $200.00 and $250.00, per unit. When I first saw the sale, I thought to myself, "that has to be below cost!"

I am not surprised that they cancelled at all. I think these amps are a screaming deal at $499.00 to $599.00.

Dec 30, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #3,975 of 5,150
I'm done venting about this for now, but last thing I will say is that it seems very short sighted to create bad will with an entire community that would have spent many, many thousands of more dollars had they not been rude about it. Oh well. Plenty of other manufacturers.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back