Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum - By Alex Cavalli
Apr 21, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #61 of 5,150
> You'd have to contact iFi to see what they think, but I imagine if it could be rated for 36V it would be.

I've been thinking about contacting them to see whether they might do a group by if there was enough interest. Was thinking that their iPower would be a more likely product for that. Figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #63 of 5,150
I inquired to an AliExpress store about the availability of a 36V/2A linear PSU, they said they can build one at USD120 (apparently its ZeroZone branded). I don't know how good is this ZeroZone brand though.

Last edited:
May 19, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #65 of 5,150
Subbed..

Would this be better than Mjolnir 2 ?
That’s certainly the comparison I’m waiting for. Also anxious to hear about pairings with Auteur & Utopia.

May 28, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #70 of 5,150
Subbed, mini balanced Liquid Crimson? Upgraded MCTH? Count me in!

It is a balanced mini Crimson. No relation to the MCTH, which is a completely different circuit.

May 29, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #72 of 5,150
It is a balanced mini Crimson. No relation to the MCTH, which is a completely different circuit.

Ah I see, I heard some peeps say in their impressions that the addictive tonality of the CTH remained in the Liquid Platinum just a lot more airy and quite a bit more detailed.

But that doesn’t say much about the internals of course. :)

Edit: Anyone know the output impedance of this unit yet?

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #73 of 5,150
Ah I see, I heard some peeps say in their impressions that the addictive tonality of the CTH remained in the Liquid Platinum just a lot more airy and quite a bit more detailed.

But that doesn’t say much about the internals of course. :)

Edit: Anyone know the output impedance of this unit yet?

Yeah, that is an accurate description. Same midrange magic, a lot more air and detail, and a bit more impactful on the low end. I’d say it has more bite and tactility to it as a sort of overall sonic impression as well. If you love the sound of the CTH, the Platinum is the logical upgrade.

I believe the output impedance is <1 ohm. What are you trying to pair with it? I may have already tried something similar.

May 29, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #74 of 5,150
Yeah, that is an accurate description. Same midrange magic, a lot more air and detail, and a bit more impactful on the low end. I’d say it has more bite and tactility to it as a sort of overall sonic impression as well. If you love the sound of the CTH, the Platinum is the logical upgrade.

I believe the output impedance is <1 ohm. What are you trying to pair with it? I may have already tried something similar.

Have you heard it with the Utopia? Although you no longer have the Liquid Carbon, how would you compare the Platinum to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back